My 72 4 door Dime

DatDoug

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have not had time to work on the car :angry: Been too busy scrappin parts trucks & building dog houses. I did find out its an L18 instead of L16. Gunna adj. valves & give her a good thoro cleaning in the am. I think I like this car :wub:

The wheels are 14" & Yes that is another 4-door in the background. It is Datsunfish's.

I took valve cover off to check valve clearance & found a sucked valve :( So Im in the process of putting another A87 peanut chamber head on. I thought about putting my LZ22 in but I just want to get it back on the road as quick & cheap as possible. I want to bomb around in this lil bitch :cool:

Also the PM F U C K E D up the wiring <_< Either clean it up or see if I have another wiring harness.

I got the new head on & when I was taking off the old 1 realized the timing was all out of wack. Shes all dialed in now tho :cool: Runs great. Also found out the carb is a 28/30 Weber :huh: lil bitty carby :P

Next on the list is finding some coil springs for the back & putting on the sway-bars that came with it.

001.jpg

JC Whitney has the D50 springs for sale for $98.00 brand new. I ordered a pair and they sent me two sets!!! :thumbup: I'm gonna put the extra set on my two door. Maybe if you order the springs from Whitney, you'll get two sets too. lol :rofl:

They have a free shipping deal going too. look em up on the web, it gives you the free shipping code. Then CALL in the order. I think that's how I ended up getting the free pair. It says you get two springs for the $98.00, so I think the parts guy grabs two boxes of springs.

I got some stock springs from Rusty (lilredrocket) & cut 1-1/2 coils out. Put them in & now I need to adjust the control arms. Wish I would av only cut 1 coil :blink: Shes low. Oh well just need to roll the inner fenders & it will be good.

Found out the carb was a weber 28/30 :huh: Never seen nor heard of 1. I pulled it & put on a 32/36 cuz it was seriously under-carbed.

It smokes bad after I put the used head on. Guess I should av replaced the valve guides :blink: Runs good & is fun to drive :cool:

Next on the list is speedo cable & figure out why the lites dont work.

002-1.jpg

001-1.jpg

I think there is a ground wire by the hood release.

One by the volt reg.

ck to see if there is a 12volts on all the 3 tabs on the rear lamps and 2 tabs on the HIGH.

If you have the 12volts then its good and just a switching ground proplem.

look at the relay and connector.

If parking lights?Then just ck the fuse as Im not that familiar with that sideof the system. Maybe ck under the fuse box for a broken wire.

Sure does have a nice look to her. L18s are the best L-series engine in my option. Looks great

Thanks man :D

Ive been doing a few little things to the dime. I put on a grille Ive had forever cuz I didnt like the painted black one. Also pulled front bumper & got rid of the bumperettes. Str8nd as best I could then put the license plate on in the stock posish.

Put my "Bremerton Datsun" plate frame on the back. Replaced the painted black vents with some stock ones I had.

Got the exhaust fixed. (muffler was rubbing on inside of frnder) put on a lil chrome tip :cool:

Put on some new side mirrors (now I have dualies :cool:

Lowered the back about 1.5"

Thats about it for now. Next up is putting on my new head as this ones valve seals are toast & she a smoker :o

PICS for your viewing pleasure :D You bunch of Rat Bastards! :fu:

005.jpg

004-1.jpg

002-2.jpg

001-2.jpg

003-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

My car was smoking from bad valve seals so I took off the A87 & put on this W58 with the HUGE ports & port matched manis. I also put on a riser for the weber. Looking for some flow :D

003-2.jpg

002-3.jpg

Ive always been a Peanut head guy. Wanted to try something different this time. She ran good but needs some more tweaking. Im running 32/36 now but I think I need some dual sidedrafts. MORE fuel!

My car was smoking from bad valve seals so I took off the A87 & put on this W58 with the HUGE ports & port matched manis. I also put on a riser for the weber. Looking for some flow :D

003-2.jpg

002-3.jpg

Ive always been a Peanut head guy. Wanted to try something different this time. She ran good but needs some more tweaking. Im running 32/36 now but I think I need some dual sidedrafts. MORE fuel!

WOW BIG PORTS :thumbup: