The Miata - Notes...

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A for effort.

But I don't have any A's. Just little green dots.

Do you plan on autocrossing at all? Time trials?

That's where the Miata will shine, and will improve your driving.

Not quite sure a Miata should be a drag car.

Yeah, def not going for drag but friends wanted to go to qualcomm tonight so i said why not.. But i wanna hit up Adams and willow to see the true "rainbow" this miata will do.. ollz.... but yeah... (Time attack tracks)

Thanks Flat for the A... :)

Well Deciding to add to this.. No oics right now but will take em tomorrow.. Rolled the fenders more so it clears good.. had and unfotunate event happen on the freeway the other day.. Arrow is the miata and orange are cones.. Well i was going pretty fast at like 3am and the freeway was partially blocked off... but what i saw at the top of the hill sucked.. a fuckin cone dead center.. wtf... hit it pretty hard and i tried going left but didnt want to crash into the ditch and didnt want to go rigth into the other cones.. so now i am missing a chunk out of my bumper.. goodbye fog light and brackets.. cracked the front of the bumper too.. later i saw that it hit the fender, side of my door and smudged my new wheels.. :( cleaned it up but cant hide the broken bumper...

freeway-1.png

THAT^

I have a 91 and I love it.... There sure are alot of guys hating on it all the time.... But girls love it.... ;) Nice ride mane....

Thanks.. I just go along with it, i call it a BArbie car before others do to let them know I can care less what they say about it.. Lol.. thats haters for ya.. Trying to get this one back together, got the bumper and a speed kit.. so im debating on painting it just setting on for now

Ok.. so yesterday me and my buddy Josh, Owner of Yoshifab, Decided to go ahead and start my roll bar project.. I bought DOM tube(High Quality) for the price of the cheap stuff... The guy at the Shop fucked up and gave us the wrong one.. lol.. yay me.. So anyway.. i gutted out the Miata, And began measuring.. Ima post pics of what we did...

Bending the Tube,

110927_007.jpg

Cutting

110928_008.jpg

Knotching

110928_009.jpg

Welding

110928_010.jpg

And Presto!

roll6.jpg

Unfortunetly... We were half asleep at this point and fucked up.. it was 4 am and we welded the diagonal tube too low and now the convertible part did open/close all the way.. so we took it out and gonna cut it later.. so for now im rollin in a gutted out miata with 1 seat... lol...

• 1 month later...

WTF Where are you at? i count the Honda to cool car ratio to be too low!

5:1!!!

lol dude that Miata reminds me of the compadres that drive their 89 Chevy 1500 slammed with 13 wheels sticking out 12 inches

Like this but more pronounced.. ollz.

3425208567_b4654958b1.jpg I like the Miata though. Roll cage came out nice! didn't i tell you making it would be fun!?

WTF Where are you at? i count the Honda to cool car ratio to be too low!

5:1!!!

Roll cage came out nice! didn't i tell you making it would be fun!?

Haha.. Thats My Friends house.. Honda to the Max.. very nice ones though... But yeah...

Cage was awesome building it.. stayed up till 4am making it with a friend...

And my Miata is nothing like the Paisa mobiles with the lil wheels sticking out like that.. I had rolled my fenders for the +12 offset but since i have now the -0 they do come out a lil more.. im going to roll them again to pull it out a bit more.. 1st camber to see what i clear...

• 1 month later...

Ok.. well Yesterday went up to Sanda Monica to pick up some fog lights since mine broke that one day on the freeway.. Installed them today so it looks better... Now just need to put the new bumper i bought for it but i want to paint it before then.. Also today i received my fittings from Summit and began to do my Oil filter relocation.. Got 1 oic of the car for now will take bettr ones tomorrow... Made a custom bracket for it also which looks badass... Also Installed my Sparco quick release and Momo steering wheel... Fun Day... :D

today.jpg

Ok... well I have since gotten rid of my Diamond Wheels.. Very heavy and got bored of them.. lol... picked up some xxr 513's 15x8 -0 And look much better.. my car pick up a lil faster too.. yay.. Here are some oics...

newwheel.jpg

newwheel2.jpg

Wheels look good man and so does the roll-bar ! :cool:

What's with all the surrounding honders in this oic ? :lol:

Wheels look good man and so does the roll-bar ! :cool:

What's with all the surrounding honders in this oic ? :lol:

Thanks, Thats my Friend's House, He is the one that got me into Honda long ago, hence the Honda Tattoo, but he is still deep into it and im just into whatevers cars been going with diferent ones..