620 Carnage

CharlieBucket

Thanks guys, trying to stay positive about it. The tree is huge and i have been almost expecting something like this forever. A few big ones have fallen before, and amazing missed all my cars.

The Rotozip is just for the glass. Sawzall for the rest of the cab.

If the rear of the cab is still in pretty good shape you may be able to replace the roof and A pillars. Maybe do a chop while you are at it. How are your sheetmetal welding skills?

No matter what you do with it now you can't make it any worse so have some fun.

Cool, good to know about the glass cutting. I have no welding skills, never touched a torch. But a friend of mine has been doing metal fab for a couple of years now as his job, and has been talking about doing some projects at home. so maybe he can help me out.

i know where three regular cab and two king cabs are in a junkyard in habersham ga if ur interested in another cab.

Very interested man, hook me up with the info. Are you familar with the condition/color of the regular cabs? God i love this faded orange color, i will hate pulling the cab, but what can i do?

At the very least i will need a windshield for my roadster/targa 620 i currently have planned. Yards in metro Atlanta never have any Datsuns.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My two cents, keep the key parts, part out the rest of your truck to give it life with other trucks, and start over with another truck. Realistically, that's probably the plan you're best able to execute. I know it's an emotional thing, I'd feel the same way. When all is said and done, you'll probably be happier with a solid truck built on the ashes of your old one.

Not an oak tree.

what is it?

hey man, I have a 73 620 in Fort Mill Sc

if you want it, I'd sell it to ya

or trade

either way I'm sorry to see your loss

I really don't need another, but i want one! Let's see it.

Some see a loss, i see a kick in a new direction. Turn that thing into a chop top, an cut the back of the cab an front of the bed out an put some seats in the back!

i thought about that. Even thought about jacking it up and it looking all safari like! Need 4x4 for that idea!

You guys aren't going to believe the update i have. Not a good one. So i got the truck out, but the fenders/hood got pretty damaged in the process. Then monday afternoon another limb falls, and gets my wifes new Nissan Cube. At least this one is insured and will be fixed, but damn this tree is ruthless.

My pictures aren't that great, i was pissed and was taking them more for insurance reasons.

011.jpg

014.jpg

020.jpg

022.jpg

025.jpg

This is what the tree company left me with. I only had $250, and that was all he would do. No complaints, he did alot of work for $250. I wasn't going to touch this one, with it hanging like that.

026.jpg

Did some good damage to the roof/fender/rear door. But i got a good guy on it and it's getting a full respray due to scraches. The paint will be better than factory i hope. Honestly i bet i could better than factory. This paint was rolled on with an orange peel. Also got the baddest rental on the lot. A very new all black 4 door Jeep Wrangler. Either that or a selection of Kia SUV's.

As the poet said, 'Only God can make a tree,' probably because it's so hard to figure out how to get the bark on.

- Woody Allen

Behind every tree there's a new monster.

- Todd Rundgren

Even if one tree falls down it wouldn't affect the entire forest.

- Chen Shui-bian

Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe.

- Abraham Lincoln

Notice that the stiffest tree is most easily cracked, while the bamboo or willow survives by bending with the wind.

- Bruce Lee

I know you said you like that tree, but it's time to kill it before it kills you.

2eDeYe' date='31 August 2011 - 02:56 PM' timestamp='1314827793' post='538809']

Ya no kidding, fuck that tree, cut it down :D

I do love the tree {or did?} but i agree it's time to go. Thing is with it so close to my house and outbuilding , plus it's size, it's going to cost $3k or more for a good company to take it down. I have been quoted over $5k. Maybe i can save it, by getting someone to trim it up real nice. Maybe cut off a couple more limbs before they kill us all!

once you drive the Wrangler you wont want another 620

The wrangler is nice with the top off on a country road, but kinda big in the city. We live just outside Atlanta and my wife works downtown. Anyway i still have a B210 and a toyota crown, so no 620 for a while anyway.