Vehicle Registration Collection

I received a letter from Vehicle Registration Collection here in California. This is the first I ever seen this. Has anyone received one?

I didn't pay registration for one of my vehicle and thought I put to Non-op status.

I guess didn't go through and now they are collecting money for unpaid registration fee through this Vehicle Registration Collection.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In Kalifornika they do.

Now that everyone's national, state, and local governments have pissed away all the tax revenue, it's time to collect from us again by any means necessary. Vehicle registration, dog licensing, law enforcement as revenue generators, ect.

I've no-oped the same motorcycle three times now. ihe_irked.gif

I owe $130 dollars and it says that it may not include all the amount I owe!!

What the f...

so now you just can't let your car unregistered or expired registration without letting them know the status like non-op, sold, totalled......

Otherwise they will send notices to collect money

Get a lawyer, regardless of if it's law or not, that's utter bullshit. F me, I really never plan to live in California for any reason. Nice place to visit, but F living there.

Get a lawyer, regardless of if it's law or not, that's utter bullshit. F me, I really never plan to live in California for any reason. Nice place to visit, but F living there.

Probably cheaper to pay the $130 than pay some asshat lawyer.

Oh and I wouldn't want to live any other place than California.....

Well maybe not until I'm some old ass dude.

• Like 1

Pay the fees...trust me. I had to argue mine out, but I was in the Army, so they made "special consideration" for my 610.

Before statement of facts: $316... :blink: After statement of facts: $147... :)

I paid fee

Just concern that it says it may not be all the fees I owe

just great

Pay the fees...trust me. I had to argue mine out, but I was in the Army, so they made "special consideration" for my 610.

Before statement of facts: $316... :blink: After statement of facts: $147... :)

I received a letter from Vehicle Registration Collection here in California. This is the first I ever seen this. Has anyone received one?

I didn't pay registration for one of my vehicle and thought I put to Non-op status.

I guess didn't go through and now they are collecting money for unpaid registration fee through this Vehicle Registration Collection.

Just one more reason to add to the virtual cornucopia of reasons to stay/get the fuck out of california...I. let my plates lapse for a whole year on my dd stratus, I just noticed the other day and went and renewed them...no back fee, no bullshit fees and I never got stopped.

I'm so glad the county I live in in NV doesn't smog nor hit you with shit like that for registration. All you gotta do is turn the plates in and yer golden. Just so long as you don't park on the street you are set and can leave the car for the rest of your life parked in the driveway and they won't bother you for shit.

• 7 months later...

The State Of California are a bunch of RAT BASTARDS try to squeeze every dime out of you because they cannot control the budget and are all over paid,so some JACK ASS came up with this crap to make the Franchise Tax Board now a collection agency,seems like they can just do anything they like these days,but i hope someone will sue them and win to stop this maddness.

Everyone in the State and Government just keep making rules as they go to scam the people.

Now they will start runing peoples credit when they have an old car for parts that you didnt non op or were thinking of restoring it in the future,

BTW that costs money to NON OP the car also,if you dont be prepaired to pay all the fees and penaltys in full or they will garnish your wages,take your tax return Levy your bank account sell your property and or attach a lein on your property.

Its just more bullshit from these dirty rat bastards trying to skim every dollar from your pocket,so even if your strugling with your finances they will kick you when your down.

Its just another dirty way for them to rob you. Good luck and F them !!!

No wonder we get a lot of ass hats from California here in southern Oregon no offense on any of you just the ones that move here don't know how to drive!

I think those might be the ones that have moved there from Washington.. :lol: