Why Ford is better than Chevy

This video proves nothing.You can take the best fabricators in the country and build a truck that will hold up on both ends. The fact is that 99% of engine swaps for Hot rods and customs use sbc engines,I wonder why? Proof is in the pudding. The Ford is what it is---OK. The Chevy is the most reliable ,affordable and simple V8 engine PERIOD! And why is this being discussed here in a Datsun forum? There will alway's be Chevy haters in this land, just like there will alway's be left wing liberal douchbags, it's a fact of life here in the good ol USA! Live and let live.Just drive a Datsun or a Chevy, LOL !

Here is my Chevy in a Ford.

26T9-21-10004.jpg

they're just the cheapest and most upgradeable, because they've been making the same engine for 40+ years. Don't kid yourself. I got 260k and still going on my ford ranger, any better and I'd have to get a Datsun..... Oh wait, I already did. Now we can lock it, lol

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd hit it

Twice

Ford also is the maker of the quickest production vehicle ever

http://www.autoblog....claim-to-quick/

'o rry?

http://www.allpar.com/cars/dodge/challenger/V10.html

I do recall the Sox & Martin Hemi Cuda ran high 10's off the show room floor with slicks. Gonna find my Mopar DVD to confirm the time.

'o rry?

http://www.allpar.com/cars/dodge/challenger/V10.html

I do recall the Sox & Martin Hemi Cuda ran high 10's off the show room floor with slicks. Gonna find my Mopar DVD to confirm the time.

Am I missing the times? Can't find any useful comparative data in that link.

Also, quickest and fastest aren't always the same.

Fastest Cobra was a Dragon Snake and it ran 11.6 at 120 something.

A.C. Cobra #2109 was first sold to Tasca Ford and painted metallic red. It was sold to Larry MacAlister and updated for drag-racing as a 'Dragonsnake' with 4 Weber carburetors, Hi-Po heads, racing cam, scatter shield, rear mounted battery, etc. In Street Production class, it had 20 straight wins with speeds of the low 120's and 11.6 second elapsed times and was invited to the NHRA nationals.

A race between a A-bomb & a Cobra isn't even gonna be close.

Am I missing the times? Can't find any useful comparative data in that link.

Also, quickest and fastest aren't always the same.

Times have yet to be released. Most of the hard numbers are still hiding, so the Cobra can't be called fastest yet.

Cobra: under ten seconds.

Cuda: high tens.

Metalmonkeys argument is irrelevant.

Irrelevant? No, the Cuda is using 40 year old technology, and running nearly the same 1/4 mile times as the brand new Cobra. I think that's completely relevant.

BTW, under ten seconds is 9's. Sounds like Ford can't make up their minds.

Edited by metalmonkey47

This just in:

the 2009 Challenger drag pack was running 9.7-10 in the 1/4 @ 140-150MPH on average with a N/A 6.1L Hemi.

This just in.....

try driving more than a quarter mile at a time with a gas tank smaller than your battery ..

Oh and you forgot to mention THERES NO FRICKING RADIATOR

or headlights

2009 challenger drag pak ....from your link

battery-trunk-1.jpg

V10-engine-1.jpg

This just in.....

try driving more than a quarter mile at a time with a gas tank smaller than your battery ..

or headlights

Guess it's kind of a good thing that it's a drag pack

BTW, the link is for the 2011, not 2009. wink.gif

Maybe we should count the cup holders while we're at it. Oh yup, think the good 'ol Ford wins again. huh.gif

Dodge also wins in the " get government BAILOUT money " ((((( TWICE ))))))) because they build such unwanted cars

Ford cant compete in that.. laugh.gif

Bazinga

In my experience, ALL new Domestics (with some exceptions) are total POS's unsure.gif

My mom had a Chevy Venture that had the engine replaced after 30,000 miles under warranty, and shortly outside of it's warranty, started leaking coolant from the upper intake manifold again (which was what the original recall was for)

ECM had to be replaced because of a short in the Cam pos sensor circuit.

ETC: I could go on for hours.

And I love Chevys, which is sad. mellow.gif

My dads old Contour did pretty decent as far as maintenance went, but had the transmission rebuilt once and had a reoccurring trans cooler leak. Not many complaints there.

His current '08 300 Touring is by far an excellent car with no problems. It's easily once of the nicest, and smoothest cars I've ever driven.

This just in:

the 2009 Challenger drag pack was running 9.7-10 in the 1/4 @ 140-150MPH on average with a N/A 6.1L Hemi.

This just in.....

or headlights

2009 challenger drag pak ....from your link

battery-trunk-1.jpg

V10-engine-1.jpg

If those are pics of the Drag Pack that you were talking about..... That is NOT a 6.1 Hemi. That valve cover says 512 cubic inches. Approximately 8.5 liters, but still a totally bad ass car.

Dodge and Ford have always been radicals and been competing with each other since forever. Chevy just keeps to push-rods... PFFFFTTTT HAHAHAHHAHH!

1964 dodge hemi

1964 ford 427 cammer

1966 GT-40 lemans win

1969 Daytona charger

1986 Nascar, Ford t-bird 212 mph high speed record.

Chevy got the corvette winning races now. But what is the point?

At the end of the day, everyone likes the cars they like. It is more than just numbers, or engine size. It is about the car they grew up in, what their father liked, what they have most experience with, which has the best colors, which looks the best.

When you were 6 years old did you know about horsepower and torque, 1/4 mile times, or how many G's it could take? Nah, you liked the blue one that looked fast, or the one your dad drove.

Here is what I know, I pretty much dislike the domestic cars, with a few exceptions. I love suburbans, probably because my family had 3 of them growing up, and everyone else I knew with them.

Pepsi vs Coke? I prefer Pepsi, it is sweeter. It has way more caffeine than Coke (or even MT Dew). But when eating pizza, I like to have Coke. Also you can drink 4 straight cans of Pepsi without leaving a film on your tongue, Coke will leave a nasty film on your tongue.