Al's 620 4x4

Jester

A good friend of mine has been building a '79 standard cab into a 4x4 I thought you guys might enjoy seeing. This thing started out as just a plain Jane stocker with just a set of Hurricane style wheels.

Sense then it has gone in for body and paint to get the sheet metal pretty straight. It is getting some stripping pretty soon. It now sports a Dana 30 front, out of another donor truck he picked up, along with the model 20 T-case. A fresh set of 31" tires and some Bushwacker fender flares.

Still sporting the stock L20B for now while the LZ24 is being finished. The short block is done, just waiting till he pulls another U67 out to get the bigger valves and some port work. Should be a killer little truck for picking up parts for his business. I'm thinking of talking him into putting his business name on it when he has it striped. We'll see. I'll post more here as he gets it done.

Enjoy.

IMAG0083-1.jpg

IMAG0085.jpg

IMAG0088.jpg

The front end is still waiting to be finished. He's going to redo the way the spring mounts at the diff. And to finish building the rear shackles and mounts.

IMAG0087.jpg

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Jason, he even has a set of your Pathy wheels that he decided not to use...............

Like mine? I might be interested in another set. Like i need another project. But i found some peeling on mine, so i might need a set to clean up and powdercoat. :D

PM me if they are available, and i will stop this threadjack. :D

I don't have a pic of the truck that AL actually used to build this truck form (my bad), but, I thought I would share some pics of the trucks that helped this thing get to where it is today.

2011-04-22161154_Jefferson_Oregon_US.jpg

This is the one that the front, rear and T-case was robbed from. Floors were totally shot. I really liked the paint on this one.

2011-04-22161015_Jefferson_Oregon_US.jpg

2011-04-20112920_Turner_Oregon_US.jpg

Not sure he even paid anything for this one. About the only thing used from this one was the Little Chief smoker we found in the back. Al made some killer jerky with it. lol

2011-04-20103755.jpg

Just another donor that got cut up. Again floors were gone!

All had L20B's and 4 speeds. The engines will get some attention some day.

Went to NKL DYM's the other day to find this sitting outside with the front springs mocked in WITH SHACKLES in tact.

IMAG0100.jpg

Something about those factory 4x4 conversions always look like the track width is too narrow. Still looks good, but i want it to look wide. :D

Datsun4x4001.jpg

This is the appearance i want for mine. :D But a little taller. :blink:

Datsun4x4002.jpg

Of course you would, its just a tampon. Those should be changed often. :rofl:

ive had 510s. never had a 620 4x4. That'd be sick. This wagon is on its way to win. Need to bleed the brakes, install the seats. And wash, which all should be done tomorrow.