Al's 620 4x4

Jester

first testdrive was a little noisy. Transfer case bearings were in need of replacement the donor drivetrain was notg mobile for 12 years and were pitted. But after 58 dollars and some sweating all is quiet for now. Jester supplied me with some new front lenses and a push bar and a new decal. I will post pics later. Been a lotta fun. Can't wait till next phase.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Something about those factory 4x4 conversions always look like the track width is too narrow. Still looks good, but i want it to look wide. :D

Datsun4x4001.jpg

This is the appearance i want for mine. :D But a little taller. :blink:

That is one Sexy 620! I love mini trucks as much as the next guy, but damn...

Datsun4x4002.jpg

Did You have those Bushwacker fender flares from years ago or find them recently? I just checked on Their website but they are not listed. I have one set but they are cracked. Fly-N-Hi out of Phoenix used them long ago. They are thinner ABS plastic than the fiberglass Fontana fender flares that I sell but the advantage of mud not caking up in them is Their selling point.

• 2 months later...

New goodies for ole blue. Was over in bend for a weekend retreat hiking and outdoor stuff. But had enough time to checkout craigslist and found a carpet kit. Cut to fit. Then had some more noise from remaing bearings in transfercase. Good for now. Then front driveline neede new yoke spline and joints after second attempt from six states good now. Still need two knobs for the twin sticks.