My New 1972

Just picked this beauty up a few weeks ago, figured Id share some oics. Its a 1972 Plymouth Valiant, 225 slant 6 auto, LOADED with options for the time. Its all origijnal has 145,xxx miles on it. P/O in the last 20k put a new carb, new alt, and had the trans rebuilt. Cruises all day long at 65 mph and gets 18 mpg! Stole this car for less than $2k

IMG_3659.jpg

IMG_3653.jpg

IMG_3647.jpg

IMG_3644.jpg

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2eDeYe' date='23 August 2011 - 01:02 PM' timestamp='1314133349' post='534253']

Damn, I had a 69 4 door in highschool...memories! Needs lowered a bit with some cragars :cool:

Thanks for the compliments guys, it seems to get em all over the place seems like everybody has a story about one :D

As for lowering it, your not the 1st and wont be the last to suggest that; read Datdoug and Pumpkin, its tempting but Id hate to do that to such an original car.

Oh and It won 1st place in the "A-Body Stock" Class at the Mopar Magic car show in bremerton a couple weeks ago :w00t:

Lovin this car and how nice it rides, especially compared to my 521 haha

I just sold my 1964 Plymouth Valiant. Was my daily for 3 years 225 slant six push button auto. She was a beautiful amazing little car, but i had always wanted a Datsun pick up, so about 4 months ago i sold it for $2700 and bought my first Datsun. Thing was bomb proof, someday ill own another. Your 72 is Really clean looking, beautiful grocery getter you have there Kenbiggrin.gif.

Had 3 Darts myself all had the LA (small block) engine. First was a 73 Swinger 318 Auto. Fun car and like yours cruised beautifully down the road. Second was a 70 swinger again with a 318 auto. That one got sold pretty quick. Then I bought a 69 Swinger with a 273 and 3 on the tree. Now that was a fun car. The owner I bought it from put headers, glass packs and hood scoops from a 67 GTX on it. It was a beater and looked the part, trashed bench seats front and back, dents and scrapes, faded paint. It went like a scalded cat. I used to love to wind her out in second. Unfortunately, she was totaled in a hit and run accident. I was coming north to an intersection with a van waiting to turn left in front of my. I was in the outside lane. There was a white Dodge Aires waiting to turn left coming south. They thought they could make the turn before I got there and they were wrong. I watched in slow motion as they slammed into the driver's side door and slid down the entire side of the car. They pushed me up onto the curb and blew both passenger's side tires as well as bending the rims. The rear axle was bent as well as the entire car. I dove out the now broken driver's side window and chased the car for 3 blocks before the adreneline left me. Had a cop show up 30 mins later and told me I was basically hosed. I had a full description of the car, tag number, 3 eye witnesses and he still wouldn't do anything. I am glad that I kept my emotions in check as I would most likely be writting this from prison had I not. I drove the car for another 3 months, I just couldn't let it go. Even chased the car again after seeing it one day. Still sore about it to this day if you can't tell.

Love yours and I am sure it will give you years of flawless fun.

So I took her over Stevens Pass to Leavenworth and back last weekend, cruised 60 over the pass not problem and get this, I averaged 22MPG on the trip!!!!:cool:

I will get some pictures of the lovely green interior up here soon.

Thats a shame, My dad used to have a 67 Dart Gt with the 273, sure was a fun little car.

Found Pics! Found Pics!!!!!

This is the 73, I bought this one for 500$ drove it for a year and sold it for 900$ Sweet bench and nice clean interior. I was the second owner. The third owner drove it until a couple of years ago.

73Dart.jpg

This is the monster as I called it. Unfortunately, its bark was worse than its bite. It was a ton of fun though. I still miss it to this day...

69Dart.jpg

It was in worse shape, but not horribly more than the picture shows. You can just about make out one of the dents just above the rear bumper. Glad to hear that you are loving yours.

As for lowering it, your not the 1st and wont be the last to suggest that; read Datdoug and Pumpkin, its tempting but Id hate to do that to such an original car

Dude, to lower the front, u just adjust the torsion bars with a 3/4" socket and 3/8" drive ratchet... no mods necessary.

Dude, to lower the front, u just adjust the torsion bars with a 3/4" socket and 3/8" drive ratchet... no mods necessary.

Yep bout the same as any minitruck 1966-1996 :D

Just love the way this cars rides and drives the way it is, get my low fix in my 521 and B22.

Neat lookin cars you got there, I'll have to check out the /6 site. Thanks or sharing!

Yep bout the same as any minitruck 1966-1996 :D

Just love the way this cars rides and drives the way it is, get my low fix in my 521 and B22.

Neat lookin cars you got there, I'll have to check out the /6 site. Thanks or sharing!

Fo Sho! Just like seeing an old Datto on the road, I am also in the business of keeping A-Body Chryslers on the road, particularly slant sixes. The slant under the hood of my Dart there is a little different that what you are looking at under your hood, as is the slant in the Valiant there... ninja.png

But, you have what looks to be a beautiful example of a Valiant, and that is rare as all hell nowadays... like finding a nice Datsun... blink.gif