DSC04216.jpg

DSC04217.jpg

Edited by bonvo
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

rains got to do with my dad not wonting to work in the rain lol and neather do i that and i need to cut a hole in the floor board for the shifter along with my bad knee acting up = time to stop for the day

Thanks for the report earlier. I will post my pics later. Disaster, carnage, and eventual victory, but not without a price...

At least your war is getting closer to that final victory! It looks great, and I know that it'll be back on the road in no time!

thanks guys yeah im really glad this big step got done my dad and i were thinking about it and thought well the engine compartment is done so lets just drop it in :D i have found today that l motors can be a bitch to set on the mounts becuase of the tilt they have its hard to get them to line up not like a 350 where it just falls into place :P the only problem is were gonna have to pull it back out to rebuild it but were trying to get rid of shellys dead body as soon as possible so we have more space

Bonvo - It's a pleasure to watch the work that you and your dad are doing. I am very impressed by your dedication!

Keep up the "Labor of Love" - Your doing great man. :thumbsup:

Bob

i have found today that l motors can be a bitch to set on the mounts becuase of the tilt they have its hard to get them to line up not like a 350 where it just falls into place

I just lower it down and the driver side hits first so I drop the bolts in and just thread the nuts on enough to keep em there, then I just lower it down till the pass side hits and throw the bolts in and tighten them both up.

I just lower it down and the driver side hits first so I drop the bolts in and just thread the nuts on enough to keep em there, then I just lower it down till the pass side hits and throw the bolts in and tighten them both up.

that would work if the drivers side motor mount wasent broken im getting a new one come friday

Ouch, that was a hell of a hit. I hope you're alright. I knew you where building another one, but I didn't know it was because of that.

check a few pages back for some better pictures

Guest jaimesix

Hey Bonvo, whats up??

We missed you at Sears Torrance last Sunday. Slidding Creep's 610 looked very cool. The only 610 in the pack. Check it out at Datsuns on the road thread.

Perhaps this year's JCCS will have you around!

Jaime.________________________________________________________

Hey Bonvo, whats up??

We missed you at Sears Torrance last Sunday. Slidding Creep's 610 looked very cool. The only 610 in the pack. Check it out at Datsuns on the road thread.

Perhaps this year's JCCS will have you around!

Jaime.________________________________________________________

i knew i wasent gonna make it so cal is a long drive for me i saw the pics of sliding creeps 610 that thing is bad ass

the plan is to hopfully be at this years jccs

gonna stab the trans in later tonight when my dad gets home so today i got shelly off the stands and got the new car on them bedlined the tranny tunnel and painted a few small things on the motor here is a cell phone teaser pic

0324091621.jpg

ill have better pics later tonight after the trans is in

i just like this shot

0324091802.jpg

Edited by bonvo

I just use bungee cords like I do for my battery. :lol: