Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know where I can get one of these ,would be so kool on my 510

http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=19

:blink:

Wait. What? That can't be a serious thing. :confused: :blink: :lol:

I'm half tempted to buy one just for fun

(EDIT) Shit. I'm at work... didn't look around the site until now. I'm dumb

I'm glad I posted this thread for us who are pulling ther hair out.

ooh ya i drove my datsun today and a part broke do you have it? how much to ship..hahaha tarded people anyway.

I hate the influx of stupid. We definately need an alarm or giant sign!

Well Geez.Maybe we should just call the moderators first to ask permission to post.

I will do a search before I post pics of my projects just to make sure nobody has snuck up on me and posted it already.:fu:

Is it really that unbearable?

return favor:fu: You obviously havent been on here all that much lately.

Its just for the poeple that are taking up space and asking 15 questions about the same thing...how dumb are you?? pay attention! I wasnt saying you did it.

I know it wasnt directed towards me personally and :fu: is all in fun,not serious or directed towards you.And yes,I am on here all the time.

I understand people dont do alot of research first since it is easier to just ask.I just personally havnt been irritated with newbie questions.I would just as soon answer or direct them the right direction before I slap them in the face with an insulting banner telling them to use the search section.I personally hate the search function here because if you dont pet it just right it wont give you shit.You can get a better search of this forums archives by using google.

But it all good in da hood.No offense 5.

Sorry for the harshness on my part.

Clarification....what we are frustrated about is people who post multiple treads on the same project in just a few days over and over, not the fact that they are new people with questions.....I'm not forgetting that I was once a newbie. I love to help but there comes a time like this that crap hits the fan and most of us get tired of it. I hate the search section too but thats not what this is about.

I hope this clears it up.

I feel weird being as big of a post whore as I am since I don't have a 620, and it's begining to look like we should call it "Ratsun.net, Come share your 620"

For serious, way too many repeat threads, but it just happens with this intarweb forum thing

My only concern is when does it stop being a forum where people can go to ask questions about thier Dats, and when does it become just a bunch of info splattered on the interweb in the shape of a forum? Or just a place for us to show-off our cars?

I understand yous guys frustration, but seriously. That is why we are here! We should not belittle people for asking dumb questions, people are dumb. The proof is in my spelling! Maby you could do as Bleach has done to me and redirect people to another thread that will answer thier questions.

Remember we were all NewBees at one time and the replys you get to your first thread are important. If people on this forum cant swollow thier pride and help out the stupid with thier problems(no matter how common) What is the point? Is that not our role?

Disclamer: I am not directing this at anyone. Just something to think about.

Like I said befor this thread was not aimed at poeple with questions of any nature! It was aimed at people who post new threads on the same topic over and over and over again who know better. We all realize the newer people make the same mistake we did when we first got on here and I dont have a problem with that cause I did the same thing as did all of us.

Simple as that!

Guest DatsuNoob

I can see how posting about the same topic instead of searching for the exact answer to one's question would be irritating. For instance, I seem to see a new torsion bar thread every week, and it's a little ridiculous, (thx to Bleach for the great pics and directions, hopefully it 'll put an end to that one) but I've posted the same thing in the past, involving alternator swap problems, simply becasue someone decided to either hijack the thread and change the subject(which pisses me off), or just ignore the fact that somebody was having a problem and decide they didn't care to offer any advice/input/experience to help a guy out. To me a forum should be about a comradery of individuals with a common interest and helping guys out with problems instead of telling them how dumb they are or ignoring it all together. Maybe we need more "how to" posts to eliminate some of the redundancy. So folks could do their homework before coming across as a dummy :)

My only concern is when does it stop being a forum where people can go to ask questions about thier Dats, and when does it become just a bunch of info splattered on the interweb in the shape of a forum? Or just a place for us to show-off our cars?

I understand yous guys frustration, but seriously. That is why we are here! We should not belittle people for asking dumb questions, people are dumb. The proof is in my spelling! Maby you could do as Bleach has done to me and redirect people to another thread that will answer thier questions.

Remember we were all NewBees at one time and the replys you get to your first thread are important. If people on this forum cant swollow thier pride and help out the stupid with thier problems(no matter how common) What is the point? Is that not our role?

Disclamer: I am not directing this at anyone. Just something to think about.

Agree!

I've seen other forums that are full of elitist pricks. Noobs wander in with a question and get butt raped (no it wasn't me :D)

Repeat questions here, usually get (or should get) short answers or directions to answers and quickly drop down off the radar.

We are here to:

spread/share knowledge, experience, ideas and sometimes our dreams.

Underlying all this is, or should be, is a willingness to help others. People may read the FAQs and stickys but want a real person to answer. Ever notice how much easier it is to work on your car/truck with someone else there instead of with just a manual? (even if all they do is just sip beer) Some questions do strain the limits of "there are no stupid questions" but should get something, if only a direction of where to look. Else we become what we despise most.

mike

What is the right size piston return spring to use for a 510?

you can use the ones form a yugo, there cheaper!

just be sure to get the clockwise springs, otherwise timing it is a PITA

the counter-clockwise require a lot of extra work to get it to return at the right time.

Ever notice how much easier it is to work on your car/truck with someone else there instead of with just a manual? (even if all they do is just sip beer)

I usually end up helping with the beer and not getting any work done at all :lol: