• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If it was off a spinning crank it would definitely be out of balance. It is on the piston and only goes up and down.... not ideal as the pistons should all weigh the same but I think not as bad. Kind of makes you wonder about the dynamics of what caused this. Was the piston dropped during the rebuild? or has driving done this and can it get worse?

Get a flash light and look up at all the piston skirts. See if it actually IS from one of them.

sigh...it was a pain in the ass getting the oil pan off the way i did and will never do it again...i dropped the X-member ended up having to unbolt the T/C rods  and sway bar lol

i didnt use any gasket sealer so I should  be able to reuse the new gasket again right. i did tighten bolt to 5 lbs. i believe

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

to do list for canby

1. replace oil pan gasket- somehow it leaks now, will this happen from sitting thru the winter snow and freezes?

2. oil pressure thingy leaks

3 replace front strut inserts

4. shim rear diff so that it tilts  up abit more, since at high speeds it makes a gnarly noise and king rat told me its from some one flipping a leaf ..

5. put side drafts on! is there any thing i need to know about adding side-drafts?  as far as i know my motor is rebuilt to stock possible peanut head

compression readings last time i checked were between 185-190 all four cyl. 

i do have a 620 booster i believe maybe a 210... clearance issues? 

have everything done on my list!!!

although i need to get get an alignment ,  bleed my brakes, reg and insure, 

optional

: bump steer spacers

: door weather stripping

: window felt

: some other stuff i forgot  

installed O2 sensor 

and i think my fuel pump went out as i was trying to get my car to start/idle  i ran out of gas didnt notice for about 5 min trying to turn it over thought it was spark   :hmm:   noob!

DSC_1093.jpg

had a broken vent director and thought this was cool place for o2 sensor 

DSC_1095.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

so fuel pump pretty much took a shit on the side of the road the other day 15 miles from home on my way to work 

well luckily i was able to pull it off and fix it... that included  taking off the return spring in the pump since it was basically pushing the arm out of its resting pivot....

it sucked ... dont buy the 40 dollar after market mech. pump from o'reillys  

so i found a nos pump and ordered it right away!!

im happy

DSC_0039.jpg

DSC_0042.jpgDSC_0043.jpgDSC_0041.jpg

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

the only thing i didnt notice when i bought the rotors is that they are non vented, but im not sure if it will be a problem, i know the fronts should be but unsure about the rears? any ideas

if its bad that they are not vented, would slotting or drilling help prevent warping?

DSC_0334.jpgDSC_0331.jpg

got some goodies in the mail!

some wheel spacers and zx lug nuts for the Sflakes

not that i need the spacers i couldn't beat the price tho...

i didnt notice that 1 pair was a 10mm set :/  not sure what to do about that..

DSC_0360.jpg

disk swap well on its way, shop is laser cutting brackets tonight!

DSC_0358.jpg

rear tires with the 10mm spacer for shitz

DSC_0359.jpg

DSC_0364.jpg

• Like 1

yea it had them on at canby, the deal was if the tires made it to and from i would buy them from james,

sighh so brackets are being put on hold smh .. apparently a street crew was digging a ditch and hit something under ground and cut power from my buddys shop so hopefully it will be back up and running this weekend or monday....so pissed