That rear seal is actually just a dust boot. Your inner seal is busted...

So this means it probably is not your booster but your master cylinder.

I have the same problem with leaky lines on my rusty bird

If you do go back to just using the M/C by itself, you will need the plate that bolts between the M/C and the firewall, you should have one

Happy Thanksgiving

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

....thanks guys damn thats a bummer because i sealed it all back up with that boot, and put fluid throug the lines again ... :poop: ,

bleed and replace is all i can do and cross my fingers

oh and theres a hose with a check valve going into the booster, from the intake manifold, the valve should be allowing air into the booster not letting it out?

so once i got back from the swap, was really wanting to get more done on my goon !

so i got some sound dead'n stuff and found some hardwood flooring and got an idea :D

heres some oics on how it went

IMAG0393.jpg

IMAG0396-1.jpg

IMAG0416-1.jpgIMAG0401-1.jpg

IMAG0402-1.jpg

IMAG0406-1.jpg

IMAG0403-1.jpg

IMAG0407-1.jpg

IMAG0410-1.jpg

IMAG0418-1.jpg

IMAG0419-1.jpg

this is just put in place to see how it fit, i am going to take it down and insulate the roof

and the metal along the side of the headliner will be carpeted

yea i tried i really wanted to do them all long ways , but thers no way to sink the screws, as im setting the rear boards along the roof ribs. and the boards are only 5ft, if i had all new window rubbers id have a normal headliner, but im gonna go with it and see how i feel after i drive around with it in

Anndddd I lol'd.

I would just get a new headliner and install it, even if you have to leave the edges unfinished at the windshield and rear side windows.

The rear side rubber WILL pop out if you're nice to them using a few flat-headed screwdrivers. Enough to get teh headliner in, glued, set, and reinstalled anyways. The windshield is another story.

But yeah I'd ditch the picket fence personally... that wood isn't going to give you much (if any) "insulation". Never did in a house, it's certainly not going to in a 40 year old sardine can, lol.

Fuck it keep the wood reminds me of a woody, doesn't give me a woody but reminds me of a woody, ha ha. I wood only worry about it falling on my head while I sleep, but sounds like you got it up there pretty well. Headliner installation is a bitch and makes me want to break shit.

Good to c you and ur woman Sat at the show, you will be driving this beast b4 u know it

IMAG0421-1.jpgIMAG0423-1.jpg

got the insulaion in and the flooring back in the roof :lol: oxymoron

sound stuffed some stuff

yea we had a blast well mostly me but slowly but surely im getting her into datsun fever :sneaky:

thanks guys i like it now that its set in there permenantly with the finishing screws and it turned out really nicely just got to carpet the edeges

ill always have wood in my wagon! :thumbup:

found this mirror in a box that the PO of the house im in left in a dark corner under the house,i think i like it much better than my fender mirrors :unsure: IMAG0424-1.jpg

and i got this idea from carlos's goon build thread found the parts for under 40$! pretty f'in stoked so i did it up

IMAG0426-1.jpg

picked up two VW golf or jeta seats from a buddy that was too lazy to figure out a mount for his truck so i swoooped!!

now i have to make some blue prints to weld up at my other buddys house :lol:

IMAG0432-1.jpg

and of course i picked up some tramp stamps!!

IMAG0434.jpg

i dont have the metal grills so i taped them up .. i might fab some or if i find some that are not 50 a set than ill buy them but not a huge factor to me as of now, but there are the drains that go from the vent to the outlet holes on the bottom of the hatch, that are in really nice condition so water would pass right in than out!

ive been wondering about something having to do with my running lights and blinkers

when i pull the switch so lights are on my turn signals are barely visable flashing in front and rear, with running lights, but if i disconnect

the blinkers from the running light wire and just put it on the blinker wire its 10x brighter with no running lights even the rear lights aswell....

a bit stumped.. :unsure:

Green black is the turn signal on the passenger side, Green Red driver side, at least for the front.

I think you might have it wired wrong, I have done this and it makes things weird. Like I had it so my dash lights blinked but not the outside ones.

Green blue is the running light.