• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The flares that are on the wagon are bunk, I am for sure going to get the metal rabbit flares,

I actually went to order two of them and by the time checkout came around it was $70+ For ship for the both of them plus the $50+ for the flares just can't do it right now

Or retrofit a door and remote opener with a late model Nissan cap!

FYI if you can find a Subaru GL10 in the junkyard, it's a great donor for this. 

subaru-gl-10-09.jpg

The curve of the panel matches a 510, the downpipe is a good match for the 510 tube, and it has a cable release that mounts beside the driver's seat. Had one on my '71 wagon and it works very well. If I ever do another wagon, I'm doing this. Too hard to find the proper OEM cap. 

• Like 2

The flares that are on the wagon are bunk, I am for sure going to get the metal rabbit flares,

I actually went to order two of them and by the time checkout came around it was $70+ For ship for the both of them plus the $50+ for the flares just can't do it right now

I will find you the link to the right company. I know the one you visited. Way over priced rip off for shipping. 2 flares at the other place shipped was 68$

Edit: company name is M&T Manufacturing

subaru-gl-10-09.jpg

The curve of the panel matches a 510, the downpipe is a good match for the 510 tube, and it has a cable release that mounts beside the driver's seat. Had one on my '71 wagon and it works very well. If I ever do another wagon, I'm doing this. Too hard to find the proper OEM cap.

Datsunfreak thanks for this info, I was wondering just last week what I could do in place of the open cap. You rock.

subaru-gl-10-09.jpg

Yea... 69' gas cap starts at 200$