JDM legends: Depth of Speed

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The part when he turns the corner and goes past the mini van gave me chills. For those 2 vehicles to share the road is almost and abomination. How can car developers design something like the mini van after something like the datsun skyline what created. What has become of car companies to be able to sell such mundane blobs to the unsuspecting public and what are we to accept that from them.

Unless this is a crazy coinsidence, I live North of Salt Lake City and I saw identical RHD Celica and Skyline like in the video, on a large flat bed truck on the freeway on I-15. This was a year or so ago and they looked to be fresh off the boat and unrestored. It was close to where the JDM Legends headquarters is here in Salt Lake. I followed it as long as I could. I snapped a picture on my phone as I almost drove off the road in excitement. :hyper: If I figure out how to post it from my phone I will.

• Like 1

Unless this is a crazy coinsidence, I live North of Salt Lake City and I saw identical RHD Celica and Skyline like in the video, on a large flat bed truck on the freeway on I-15. This was a year or so ago and they looked to be fresh off the boat and unrestored. It was close to where the JDM Legends headquarters is here in Salt Lake. I followed it as long as I could. I snapped a picture on my phone as I almost drove off the road in excitement. :hyper: If I figure out how to post it from my phone I will.

cool story bro, just remeber that noone believes you until we see pics :P

Thread jack.

What tire and wheel size/offset is on that beast??

When it's slammed all the way in the back it had 16x7 +0, 195/40/16 yokohamas ... .. the burnout was with it raised up 2 inches and 16x8 +12, 215/40/16 Yoko's

Stock rear camber,, rolled fenders, 4dr minitubs, clearanced the body for more control arm travel and a cut-out for the U joints

Front wheels are 15x7,, 195/45/15 Federals, ,, unknown offset must be +30-+40 because I needed a 1/2" spacer to clear the coilovers and another 3/8" to lower it all the way

it kinda drives at full drop in the front with the crossmember almost on the ground,,, ,, but I raised it up a few inches for the burnout video and rolling shots

5932857764_ab42e2036d_o.jpg

5932300659_19a7fcfa03_o.jpg

5932300785_56d478003f_o.jpg

• Like 1

When it's slammed all the way in the back it had 16x7 +0, 195/40/16 yokohamas ... .. the burnout was with it raised up 2 inches and 16x8 +12, 215/40/16 Yoko's

Stock rear camber,, rolled fenders, 4dr minitubs, clearanced the body for more control arm travel and a cut-out for the U joints

Front wheels are 15x7,, 195/45/15 Federals, ,, unknown offset must be +30-+40 because I needed a 1/2" spacer to clear the coilovers and another 3/8" to lower it all the way

it kinda drives at full drop in the front with the crossmember almost on the ground,,, ,, but I raised it up a few inches for the burnout video and rolling shots

5932857764_ab42e2036d_o.jpg

5932300659_19a7fcfa03_o.jpg

5932300785_56d478003f_o.jpg

Thanks for the info. Pure hottness right thur....Love the stance.

cool story bro, just remeber that noone believes you until we see pics

I don't have internet or the right cable to post the pics up here from my cell phone, but if someone didn't mind they could PM me their cell # and I could send them the pictures if they are able to post them here. There are 3 pics total.

• Like 1

cool story bro, just remeber that noone believes you until we see pics

I don't have internet or the right cable to post the pics up here from my cell phone, but if someone didn't mind they could PM me their cell # and I could send them the pictures if they are able to post them here. There are 3 pics total.

should just be able to send them to an email. Just send text, then insert email address rather than phone number. If not then check PM.

And here they are!

skyline1.jpg

skyline2.jpg

skyline3.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for the pics! I don't think these are the same cars in the video. (diff body Celica, diff color/flared skyline) Maybe these were sold by JDM Legends or maybe just a coincidence that you saw them in North Salt Lake where JDM Legends shop is. I will have to ask Eric. I would love to know where they went. Great job getting the pictures on a rainy freeway while driving. That took talent!

Here's one more he sent me

IMG00119-20100518-1511.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

We had our little Nostalgic meet this weekend and Eric brought out the Celica in the pictures. It was quite a busy show and I didn't get to chat with him much but this is the car from the rainy photos. He does some amazing work and he's a very humble guy.

c6e4fde1.jpg

ffe6499d.jpg

I can relate to what this guy is saying, especially for the part where he talks about being emotionally attached to the cars during the build. for example, now that i'm reassembling my car, i literally go crazy about every screw, because i want ever single screw where it belongs. call me a puss or whatever, but something about the Japanese gets to me, not just Nissan, but Toyota, Mazda, fuck even Honda. there is a reason why everyone and their mother drive JDM cars.