Non-Oxygenated Gas

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Geeez you guys are hard on the noobs.

Non oxy gas appears to be blend of gas and up to 10% alcohol. Alcohol has a higher octane than gas alone so the octane rating would be slightly higher but alcohol contains less energy so this would be like diluting reg gas. Alcohol also removes carbon deposits.

Oxygenated gasoline is commonly done by blending up to 10% ethanol.

Oxygenate blending adds oxygen to the fuel in oxygen-bearing compounds such as MTBE, ETBE and ethanol... In many areas throughout the US, oxygenate blending is mandated by EPA regulations

Ethanol-free gasoline is not expensive, just that most stations don't carry it. The Issaquah Grange sells it the same price as other gas stations. But it still might be oxygenated.

But then our Datsuns run fine on 10% ethanol which they've been selling in Washington since the 1980s.

Oxygenated gasoline is commonly done by blending up to 10% ethanol.

Ethanol-free gasoline is not expensive, just that most stations don't carry it. The Issaquah Grange sells it the same price as other gas stations. But it still might be oxygenated.

But then our Datsuns run fine on 10% ethanol which they've been selling in Washington since the 1980s.

Hell, most cars can run 50% ethanol without much modification. Still trying to find an ethanol distillery around here that I can buy E98 whole sale so I can start running the Z on pure alcohol.

tkKfV.jpg

Thanks for the non-douchey replies.

No prob - i really just wanted to see more Datsun's!! and i know i got what i asked for but im a hore for engine bay pics :poke:

:lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: I think we can all agree, we are here for the Datsuns, well, and the lulz.

ohhh the lulz - how i love em :frantics:

Vitamin,

Don't take these guys too seriously; they sure as hell don't. :)

If you need any more proof than you've found yourself a decent group of folk; just find the Candy Engine Swap thread. A fellow Datto'er blew his engine on the way to the Candy meet, and over the course of a half weekend, we'd Chieftain'd that mutha' a replacement block. Oh, and the day before there'd been a clutch swap.

Next year we're going to build a whole car. biggrin.gif

:lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: I think we can all agree, we are here for the Datsuns, well, and the lulz.

And OICS, don't forget the oics!!

Vitamin, welcome to the fuckery! We enjoy fast cars, slow women, and cheap beer.

Hell, we enjoy slow cars, fast women, and expensive beer too.

Mike likes the dogleg trannys and Wide likes the crack. :D

Vitamin,

Don't take these guys too seriously; they sure as hell don't. :)

If you need any more proof than you've found yourself a decent group of folk; just find the CanBy Engine Swap thread. A fellow Datto'er blew his engine on the way to the CanBy meet, and over the course of a half weekend, we'd Chieftain'd that mutha' a replacement block. Oh, and the day before there'd been a clutch swap.

Next year we're going to build a whole car. biggrin.gif

CANBY!

CANBY!

Ah crap, I wasn't even drinking; just must have been hungry. :)

The engine swap totally overshadowed my Friday night git r done clutch swap.....which it should cause it was badass! CanDy ruled this year

Yes, CanDy was one hell of a welcome to the community event. :)

we have oxygenated/reformulated gas here as well, and to boot a few years ago had an entire plants worth of bad stuff shipped out, this crap ate the plating off of sending units and disemboweled electric fuel pumps, marathon(i think it was) had to payout out shit loads, reimbursing people that needed their electric fuel pump/sending units anytime within 1 year of this crap shipment. The general theory was that most octane boosters and fuel injector cleaners negate some of the problems associated with the reformulated/oxygenated gas. My thought though is; if, on average, most cars get worse gas mileage, how is this crap beneficial to anyone but the gas corps.?