Auto parts people need to vent, do it here.

BUT,,facebook is tool of the facist regime to find out the trouble makers when it comes time for the ,,,extermination.

Speaking of which, there was a website that compiled all the facebook posts that had mentions of specific acts (being high, crazy drunk, fuck work, etc.). You could view everyone that was posting about being high and the site could possibly be used by officials or your employer for reprimand.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the customer never had to ask the other questions if you gave more then three words responses .....u could answered all his question originally instead of the militant no thank u maam stuff...

and your second example just sounds jalened to me .... like never happened and just said it to make a point type shit

ive worked the retail parts counter at a bmw/mini dealership for about 5 years now. you have no idea how many stupid customer stories i have. and im normally not that short/brash with my comments, but i just trimmed the conversations down a bit.

but for this instance, if i tell a customer that i dont have a part in stock, then i dont have it. they shouldnt need to ask me AGAIN if i have it, but every so often you just get one of those customers that wont give up on asking if i have it.

oh and, that second conversation did happen. and after we sent him the part, he called back and talked to somebody else about ordering a couple more seals, and then again asked them about installing it.

and then later that day he called back again because someone sent him the wrong driveshaft guibo (he needed the one for the front driveshaft) and asked AGAIN about installing it.

j-rock: Mike got any X-Mass one day bans?

mike: dunnow

j-rock: you sure?

mike: jup, I'm sure I dunnow

j-rock: can you check?

mike: well, if I have to.... you're in luck, I got several one day and a one week....

j-rock: not sure if a day is long enough but I'll take two single days.

mike: what's it for?

j-rock: Tristin and Phil

mike: Well if you get them each a one day ban, and maybe one for banana.... you get a free perma. Merry fuckin' Christmas.

oh and, that second conversation did happen. and after we sent him the part, he called back and talked to somebody else about ordering a couple more seals, and then again asked them about installing it.

and then later that day he called back again because someone sent him the wrong driveshaft guibo (he needed the one for the front driveshaft) and asked AGAIN about installing it.

Tell him it's got bolt holes , It should line up! Lol

j-rock: Mike got any X-Mass one day bans?

mike: dunnow

j-rock: you sure?

mike: jup, I'm sure I dunnow

j-rock: can you check?

mike: well, if I have to.... you're in luck, I got several one day and a one week....

j-rock: not sure if a day is long enough but I'll take two single days.

mike: what's it for?

j-rock: Tristin and Phil

mike: Well if you get them each a one day ban, and maybe one for banana.... you get a free perma. Merry fuckin' Christmas.

Awwww d mike u have some of the funniest posts on ratsun..... In before the ban

Wtf, why are we bringing unnecessary drama into my retail parts vent thread?! Stop it you assholes!

I had a good one today. "Thanks for calling Napa this is Matt. Yeah are you busy right now? Well I'm talking to you right?! ;)

• Like 1

I had a good one today. "Thanks for calling Napa this is Matt. Yeah are you busy right now? Well I'm talking to you right?! ;)

Sounds like someone who has gotten the infinite hold treatment before.

I know that if I get left on hold for more than 5 minutes, that store isn't getting my business.

If you think the phones are bad now, imagine 15 years ago when nothing was available online. Everyone who comparison shopped either did it via walking into the store or via the yellow pages.

Urban Dictionary definition of Autozoner. Literally 100% accurate :rofl:

An employee of the Autozone Corporation that is expected to know everything about your shit green Plymouth Voyager or your decaying Nissan Maxima that has thirty different engine codes, a missing fender, and various dings and dents covering its decrepit body. An autozoner must be a first-class bullshitter to conjure such ridiculous answers to questions like “what the fuck do you mean I can’t get a valve cover gasket for my Daewoo Lanos?!” or the ever so popular caliper bracket for any given jalopy. Autozoner’s whole heartily love to hear the words “I’m going to Advance” or any of the other incompetent auto part’s stores to get these ill-bred people out of our store. Autozoner’s dread the question “well, can you just come out and look at it?” just take the fucking thing to an actual mechanic you inconsiderate fuck-up.

Hi, I need a rear brake caliper for a Harley.

OK, which one?

The rear.

No, which Harley?

Oh, well its an old Paco frame rigid.

Uh, OK. does it have a disc brake rear on it now?

No.

So it's a drum rear?

Yeah.

OK, what rear wheel are you going to use?

What do you mean?

I mean if you are converting to disc rear, you will need a different rear wheel, a rotor, a caliper, a place to mount the caliper, etc, etc.

Oh that's OK, I work in a metal shop so I can weld anything.

OK, so which wheel/brake combo would you like?

Something that looks cool, I can make it work.

OK, 1" or 3/4" axle?

Here's a picture of my frame on my phone, can you tell from that?

No.

Well if it was you, what would you use?

I don't know, I don't build choppers.

But you must get a lot of people building choppers.

Yes I do, but most of them already know what they want when they come in to buy it because they have done research and mock-ups prior to buying parts.

Yeah well, I work in a metal shop so I can make anything work.

OK, so which wheel/brake combo would you like?

8th grade. Gotta be bigger and meaner than them. 6 classes of 22 pairs of eyes relying on your presence of mind, training, education and ability to deal with problem "customers" quickly and fairly. Wanna trade?

Id wager anyone against having to do and deal with what I have to for what I get paid.

Thanks jrock

sounds like your employeer keeps you from giving advice mre than u dont want to then?

i work in parts not service. I know how to do a lot of the work, but if I tell a customer how to do it, and they fuck it up and bring it back to us in service saying "this guy told me to do it like this!?", then I'm fucked.

And in the dealership world CSI is king, anything that all the results in bad CSI that gets traced back to you = bad news bears.

i work in parts not service. I know how to do a lot of the work, but if I tell a customer how to do it, and they fuck it up and bring it back to us in service saying "this guy told me to do it like this!?", then I'm fucked.

And in the dealership world CSI is king, anything that all the results in bad CSI that gets traced back to you = bad news bears.

that's a gray area that employeers like to use as scare tatics to there employees further worsening the op topic....dealerships and parts stores i expect to be different ... parts stores ususally employ people who genuinely work on cars or have some automotive back ground where as some dealerships will hire anyone to sell parts.....i got my guys at the gm dealership that i use but other than that i steer clear....most dealerships parts dept wont do shit with out a vin for even wiper blades......for me its easier to order that kinda stuff online ....