new datsun

lil89ram50

I built a hardly in 1980ish, it's was a hardly because it was hardly a honda or a Harley Davidson, so that is what I called it. Mine was a CB750 engine bored out to a 836 on a santee industries frame that excepted HD parts, but mine had a suspension, no hardtails for me. I have photos in a photo album but no way to scan them. :( The police inspection site made me produce receipts for every part, and made me licence it as a 81, as that was when I produced the papers for the frame. The place I bought the frame from was busted for drugs before they gave me the paperwork, so I had to call the place that made it myself. I was stopped everytime I left that place, the last time I left and was stopped I was real mad and said something like, "are you guys stopping everyone coming out of there, frankly I am getting sick of it, what, are you watching the place", he got mad and told me to remember him, never seen him again, but I think now he thought I was dealing drugs, but I wasn't. :angel:

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

might be getting a 620 cheap! under 200 bucks. white! red drivers door, perfect for flag lol been sitting since 01. ran when parked. guy got a new vehicle. says it's a 76. AUTOMATIC. going to try to get it for my girlfriend to drive. she keeps saying she wants a datto. but an automatic.

no sir :( im an unprepared Datsun owner stuck in a hole again :(

I never have the right parts. Hopefully "dirtydiesel" will get back to me soon. He says he might have one.

I hate when i try to do good to this truck, and it stabs me in the back. It really cuts me down.

I just did an oil change, 3 new u joints, the expensive "precision u joints" too. and i put 1/4in wheel spacers in the rear to so the u bolts wouldn't hit the tire on big bumps. Theres a slight ring on the tire from this so i figured i'd fix it before it causes problems.

i love this truck, and it obviously loves me working on it.

whoops i guess i could have counted bed hooks. does this look like its worth getting?

How does it look under the hood? Put a wrench on the crank and make sure it turns over? How are the floor pans? Etc, etc. Price seems right, but maybe decide if it's better than a parts truck.

• 2 weeks later...

swapped back to my original carburator. this weber has not ran right since the day i got it. its missing parts and is in need of rebuild. i have a kiot for it, but i think its useless to put in till i have parts to put on it. so i took 5 minutes today and swapped old carb on.

no more having to have iot floored for a minute then it will finally start, i have a choke again! and it fires right up, and no more misfiring! just have to dial in the timing, and get a new cap and some decent wires! and an el dizzy

Does NGK make a spark plug wire for these L's?