new datsun

lil89ram50

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

changed the oil. wix and a mix of mainly regular 10w30, and mobil synthetic 10w30. At work, if theres just a swig of oil left in a jug, we dump it all in one container, 1 for each weight, blend doesn't matter. Then we use it in our personal vehicles. Replaced rear diff fluid, added some additive to it. Filled up transmission also, as it was a good amount low. Did a good inspection, found i need the front end gone through, king pins, fulcrum kit, tie rods, idler, pitman. its pretty loose. Its all fixable though in the end with time and money :) also found rear trans seal is leaking a little bit. when i drained the oil, i noticed it seemed clean, like not at all dirty, like 500 miles clean. Looked at the oil filter, and someone wrote on it the date it was last changed. 7/09!! wow this last owner told me he had it for about 3 weeks and did not drive it much. i believe him now 96,502 on the odo today

oh and i also got an exhaust on it today! Its been open manifold for the past 3 weeks. I put the l16 manifolds on it when i got it, to rid the egr and smog shit the l20b had. so i got paid today from a side job (fireworks) and went and got the exh done. 1 3/4 from manifold to the rear end where the thrush turbo muffler is. (2in inlet, 2in outlet) Then 2 inch pipe to behind the rear left tire in factory position. with a 2 inch rolled lip exh. tip. I droped it off at my lunch break and asked wat its going to cost, paid him and went back to work. he delivered it back to me, and said if i knew it was going to be that much work running it through the torsion bars and trying to weld to the cast manifold. He said i should have paid about 100 more. but he has ripped me off many time, and about everyone else in this town also. So i said oh well, and kinda laughed it off. more then likely his welds will break in a couple weeks, since they all suck at welding. the only shop in town that will do it though, exhaust pro's.

wel i washed the engine, and i have a valve cover leak, so its oily again. might go take a pic now though.

I adjusted the valves today, as i didnt know when the lat time it was done, and it was a little clattery and had a slight stumble. After adjustment, it ran much smoother, less noisy, and started easier also. still a slight hesitation, but that is carb problems, but not too bad. Would like to put a weber on if one of you have one for sale.

also found a pile of old rubber bedliners at work. They are all out of trade in's. So i took one home and cut it to fit. I'll grab another and re-do it when i get that gas tank out of the bed.

Also notice the rivited on patches the truck has. one on lowr passenger fender, and on one the front of each fender

w58 head, i thought i got a pic of that.. guess not. Weather or not its an open or closed, idk. It does have round ports though. I believe this came out of a late 620 though. Also, i have 2 dipsticks.... one on the pan, and one on the bock. I will get pics of that later. My radiator was also painted black. but years of abuse caused it to peel off. So i took some works toilet bowl cleaner and scrubbed the top with that.

also did you guys note the shit box car in this pic? lol my little brother thinks his car is the coolest thing in the world. my buddy bought it a few years ago, thought it was cool for a while, parked it in a garage for a couple years cuz he realized it was was gay, then called the scrapper to come get it, and my brother ended up getting it for 500 bux. its a 99 sunfire, lambo doors, shaved handles, painted dash, under glow, gay hub caps, it had white 19's on it, but i told my buddy to keep them for his 77 yota truck. this car is GAY!!!

223089_2165341726076_1022627806_2497241_3258418_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

got the weber on last saturday! it runs great!, the choke does not work, and it is missing a idle cut off solenoid, so there is a big vacuum leak. But it still runs better than the old carb did. Although it is not drivable now due to no choke,i can drive it when im not in a hurry if i let it warm up real good first.

Also got my solid dash top from Wayno. Wrapped that in some fake leather stuff i found at walmart (for now). I am also painting the dash, and i cleaned up the gauge cluster last night. I even painted the very faded needles!

also considering buying a new truck, its a 99 chevy silverado. 5.3 vortec, bad trans. It's bright red, extended cab, nicely done exhaust, brown interior :( .

About 200k on the clock. Its the ladyfriends best friends pickup. Trans went out this past weekend. she wants 1500 bux for it. i talked her down to 800. I can get a trans for 500 bux. then i wil sell it for a profit. i can get about 3500 to 4 grand for it. More if i got it detailed at work probaby closer to 5500, cuz its got a dirty interior, but a good shampoo and buff will clean it up very nice!