How I broke down driving to Canby THREAD

Haha well im in eugene at the moment. Will be making the rest of the trip home tonight. Truck ran great all the way. Still think the ignition timing is off a lil. But that's to be expected since we had no timing light. Still has a slight miss but I feel its plugs. They are olllld. Anyways thanks again to everyone for helpin me out with extra hands, brains, parts, and time.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to hear you had an easy fix! But you truly missed the excitement of the quest to Canby. Having some electrical probs of my own, gracious and helpful new friends assisted in the application of several bandaids to my ailing truck. But the real fun began when they headed back on the road, and as I brought up the rear I found myself behind a travelling blue cloud~ Brandon's 620 decided it didn't like compression rings any more, using more quarts of oil in the last 3+ hours that can be counted. But the troops rallied, he found a used motor, and when I left this AM the PIT CREW was putting the finishing touches on an overnight engine swap using stone knives -n- bearskins for tools~ LITERALLY! I had donated my rear bumper to a fellow ratman, and it ended up being the arm of a human cherrypicker. We drew quite an audience last night! Alas~ someone else will need to pen the epilogue, as I missed the closing laps of this race. Who will chime in?

I love this story! Datsuns and their owners are the greatest!!! :)

Oh yeah! I was looking at it and I think I have the wrong lighter. It was screwed completely down on the threads but still loose. I think I pieced it together. I have another I can try or I will just grab one from the JY. Thanks.

lol dude i was so fucked up after the show on sun.

I was so tired i was weeble wobbling when I stood lol

I had to load up my parts and drop them off at the folks, come back get the bbq and run it to OC, then come back again and drive the roadster back to the GF's and then come back aaaaagain to get my truck and finally go get food and go home.

(I ate like 2 burgers all weekend. i was rushing around so much i forgot to eat)

I was the last one to leave canby... at about 9pm

i meant to ask you if you were heading over to your folks house so i could get my fireplace.....now i wish i had remembered so i could have taking one load for you

Guest 510kamikazifreak

The only problem I haf was a wheel fell off on 405 in Renton, but I took lugnuts from the other 3 and fixed it. Got to Canby about 9:30. Going home it stopped making noise except when I used the brakes.

:blink:

That could of be scary.

Yeah it was scary putting the wheel back on with cars whizzing by 3 ft away.

Good thing it was 5:20 AM and not much traffic.

20110612053118DSC02722x.jpg

It beat up the brake backing plate pretty good, i figure that was what all the noise was (i'm hoping)

That thread stuff in this photos is aluminum shavings from the SSRs

20110612053112DSC02721.jpg

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Yeah it was scary putting the wheel back on with cars whizzing by 3 ft away.

Good thing it was 5:20 AM and not much traffic.

It beat up the brake backing plate pretty good, i figure that was what all the noise was (i'm hoping)

:o

Yep thats some scary stuff(anything on the Side of a busy highway).

Hope its all good ..

since javins to lazy :P

IMG_1316.jpg

And here's a great shot of my old bumper recycled into a man-powered cherrypicker, my tailgate recycled into a drain pan, and (just out of frame) Skib's full box of latex gloves recycled into..... OIL SPONGES!! :lol:

Holy jeebus, that was nuts. I think I know what happened on why the cam was 180 out. I think somebody put the chain on with the motor at BDC, not TDC. I was thinking about that, how the dist drive gear was 180 out, then putting it back to correct the cam was 180 out, yeah. :) Nothing like too many hands in the pot, huh? :P

I'm autobatching about 265 pictures from this weekend as we speak.