610s unite!!!!!!

bonvo

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here's a restored one. Not sure how old the page is, but the owner is a designer for Nissan America. I would guess it's probably a near perfect restoration. He's asking 10K.

http://www.oilstick.com/wa/wadatsun1.htm

Sometimes an insurance company will accept comparables, especially on older vehicles. A RHD SSS doesn't really count, but this? I'd use this information if they will allow you to submit it. When I wrecked a car, this is what I did, and got nearly double what they originally offered for a settlement. But that was '86. It was a serious wreck, haven't had one since.

Hands down, one of the best 610s around. Used to be on this forum, but haven't seen her in a while.

Bonvo, if you got half the value of that, it would be sufficient. Besides, I think all this BS from HER insurance company is giving you mental anguish. Write it down. $1000 is BS, plain and simple. Still trying to find my old ad from CL when I bought the parts car; it was $1500 and most of it was in drivetrain components. Your car was way more complete and in better condition. Smog exempt would be the only redeeming factor on my coupe, but not enough to cause your car to be worth less than that.

Wait isn't that a VG30DET ? looks like it to me but I'm not too sure.

Yep you are correct, don't know how I mistyped that. It came out of a cima halfcut, it's got a manualized auto in it. Stock wheels and hubcaps.

Even put higher springs in it so it looks granny spec.

IMG_0017.jpg

Well it doesn't really need to be, it's always on top anyways. Hey I was thinking for some reason i am brain farting, 280ZX front strut inserts fit in 610 front strut tubes with a spacer/washer right ?

Correct, but don't forget that with the shorter 280ZX strut, you get less travel as well. Hence the reason to just grab up the 280ZX struts themselves with the brakes and do the upgrade while you're at it.

william bro the above sedan should give you some ideas for the future :thumbsup:

The future says: "Damn thats a lot of engine!"

I would like to try something different...

KA24 with something like...I don't quite know...yet...

aww i thought the whole point of a fast car was to stuff the bigest f*&king engine you could in the tiniest car possible :P

Economy, my friend. I need to consider that she is likely to be more DD than Garage Queen

And you know above all how much of a purist I am - it may say Nissan, but after all the hacking and wiring and brakes and plumbing, how much of it is really a 180B/610?

Economy, my friend. I need to consider that she is likely to be more DD than Garage Queen

And you know above all how much of a purist I am - it may say Nissan, but after all the hacking and wiring and brakes and plumbing, how much of it is really a 180B/610?

No hacking involved at all, surprisingly how well it all went together.

Just a reversed crossmember, then I'm pretty sure they even used stock engine mounts, stock steering. Obviously probably wouldn't be do-able on a LHD due to turbo placement etc.

Stock gearbox tunnel. Runs stock brakes, struts everything :sneaky:

If you saw this thing, you wouldn't have any idea it was boosted. All fits behind the grill, cooler is all black, bonnet is stock.

The exhaust even has a electronic junction put in it, so when cops roll by, you flick a switch, and the 3inch exhaust switches over to the pee-shooter going out the back of the car. The big exhaust ends at the diff.

Pretty cool car, not made to handle, just be a cool sleeper.

Just a reversed crossmember, then I'm pretty sure they even used stock engine mounts, stock steering. Obviously probably wouldn't be do-able on a LHD due to turbo placement etc.

If you saw this thing, you wouldn't have any idea it was boosted. All fits behind the grill, cooler is all black, bonnet is stock.

The exhaust even has a electronic junction put in it, so when cops roll by, you flick a switch, and the 3inch exhaust switches over to the pee-shooter going out the back of the car. The big exhaust ends at the diff.

I wanted to go for the V6 in my 610 years ago, and I had an epiphany of sorts while I was serving in Iraq. I wanted the original look. I have resolved to run that for now, until I kill the L20B. It could take a while, it could happen quickly. I will not play Dr. Kevorkian, just let it take its natural course.

fly510, Thank You for the insight on this. I need to be able to run an auto behind this thing, and I have been coming up with a list of potential replacements for the motor in my 610 when the L20B gives up the ghost, so to speak.

Replacing the inserts is just way easier though. and I woudln't be comfortable with S130 brakes in the front and drums in the back since I am not going to up grade those.

there not that much stronger then stock just slightly larger run the s30 finned drums out back you will be fine :thumbup:

Guest jaimesix

What a nice endeavor. Lots of gumption and hard work, but the end result pays off.

It must be a blast to smoke modern cars on the highways. Yes, it is a sleeper, no special suspension , but in straight line, it can embarrass more than one self righteous driver.

I used to enjoy that in my Postal Jeep, and in my 69 VW Bus, it is cool to see an uptight driver behind in a late model car, trying to pass an older car in a disrespectfull manner ( passing another car is fine, the right of way if moving faster, but disrespectfull manuevers by conceited drivers are another thing:mad: ) with that condescending look in his/her eyes, almost cutting you off and swerving close..... but it would take more than condescension and an attitude to pass my Postal Jeep or my VW Bus!!:) LOL

I would wait untill they were side by side, then I would floor the pedal and smoke them!!! LOL:lol: I could see their expressions of astonishment, :eek:and the only move left for them was to hide cowardly behind traffic, fabricating an exit at a ramp they never intended to exit at!! only to avoid getting any more painfull eye contact with that old car that made a nightmare out of a conceited move !!! :lol:

The coolest part is that they were left full of self doubt!!! I am sure the last thing they thought about was....dang!! that car is fast!!! probably they thought ....sheesh!! my car sucks, it needs a tune up urgently, I have been belittled!!!

After spending and shaving off their wallets on a tune up, only then, poorer and sadder, they realized my car was indeed faster!!! LOL

I hope that 610, or better said, 180B, gets some serious suspension. Very nice job!

JAime.__________________________________________________

Edited by jaimesix

I was looking for some LS1 bits and saw your 610 hit in the RH door .dont take 1000.00 for the car they should be so lucky you were not killed .get a lawyer if they think your a push over some times you have to do that .maybe you now have a bad back and cant work .i bet you get 10,000 for your car .that happened to me and I got my money :)

Guest jaimesix

Yes. Call the guy selling the Datsun 610 for 10,000.00 US and ask him for imformation. You can use that information to send to your attorney and the insurance company so they can discern the real price of your 610.

Jaime.____________________________________________________________