Really Ratty Rusty Ruby Ruined & Rotting RIP

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

damn...

you started looking too deep into the car... shouldnt have opened her up so much..

so what are you keeping now? keeping lowla, and the goon?

3 years after those pics above .... Lowla's finally a daily driver,, .... :cool: only thanks to how well Phil built Ruby .... :lol:

wouldn't be the first 510 with out rocker's get it done !

That's the attitude ..... :cool: .... she'll be driving again someday ... .. all I want is the ratty "shell" ... :sneaky:

I too have enjoyed watching your thread. If you're done with the car at least dont delete this thread

..indy this is no failure....i have loved watching the progression

it's not over .. . full tube frame someday, when I learn how to weld ... :lol:

3 years after those pics above .... Lowla's finally a daily driver,, .... :cool: only thanks to how well Phil built Ruby .... :lol:

That's the attitude ..... :cool: .... she'll be driving again someday ... .. all I want is the ratty "shell" ... :sneaky:

it's not over .. . full tube frame someday, when I learn how to weld ... :lol:

I dunno if you guys have seen this before, or if its to late, but here, meybe a little inspiration!

(its long but lotttsss of pictures and it gets better as you go)

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10970

I hope to see the "full tube" ruby in the near future. That would appear to be the "simple" answer. In all reality, tubing is fairly cheap, If I was going to take on the task of "rebuilding" Ruby I'd find a spare goon rear end and leaf spring set up, as that's the easiest suspension to attach to a tube frame and then go at it. Soooo.... get to work INDY! :poke: Once you get your welding heat and wire speed set right you should be able to fly right through it.

Dont sell ruby. i regret selling my car almost every day. or the fact i let it sit.

keep going!

and for everyone else. i did drive my car and it was fun.... i didnt catch it on fire on the road. FYI

I dunno if you guys have seen this before, or if its to late, but here, meybe a little inspiration!

(its long but lotttsss of pictures and it gets better as you go)

http://www.stancewor...ead.php?t=10970

that car started cool . and ended in a lolwut.....my saying i like to live by when doing anything.....just because u can doesn't mean u should.. 80's 5 series =flaming ball of shit by the end...

wait whatu body dropped a 510 tehn dukes a hazard shaved the door....i pplaud u fr your ingenuity and cutting edge ideas while pushing the envelope

What happen to that nice 710- wagon????The Orange one?????

Or is this gone also?

Indy has a thread for that too. Last I remember seeing of it, it was with Troy Ermish getting a header made up for it.

I think Indy likes his 710...

Where's my time machine??? . why only go back that far? .. I wish I never bought any Datsuns, much less all my stupid ideas to ruin them

.... I was planning on just driving Ruby, while doing this stupid body dropped idea again on Lowla

but then I found this rust ,,, which easily could have been fixed and driving by now ..... :rolleyes:

6814997101_25fbd91912_o.jpg

6814997771_7bc21a0bbf_o.jpg

She was still fixable here: .... .. but I would NEVER trust these POS frame rails with a SR20DET:

6843467161_619f73d1c5_b.jpg

IMO no 510 is safe to drive with: mini-tubs, flares(especially on a 4dr) , rusted through rocker panels or floors, no seat brace(rear and fronts) ,, basically ANY metal missing from a 510 is a BAD idea,, they are HEAVY and built like a tin can