620 Side window seals

Hoss

The discussion about side window seals is what drew me to this site. I am rebuilding a 78 King Cab and the window seals are shot. Last year there was a discussion about getting a bunch made. One dude is concerned because his never arrived even after paying for them and some other dudes got angry because he posted such. Well I hope that was just a mix up and the seals are in the mail. The suggestion to hit up a junk yard is no good for me because the window seals I saw at the junk yard were even worse than mine and they don't "seal" at all. Does anybody know of a good safe place to get NEW ones?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

we should be hearing something about them in June, I believe.

remember: nothings for sure until it's in your hands.

Thanks. Patience it is. June would fit perfect for my project.

• 5 weeks later...

hello to all, about the datsun 620 rear King cab small windows. i just last week sent samples off to the manufacture that makes all my window and weather seals. i'm looking into making the seals for the 620. the samples i sent were realy in poor shape. don't know yet if the samples were in good enough shape to remanufacture. what is going to drive the price up is there is a left and a right. i currently sell for the 620 fornt winshield, rear window seals, door weather seals, inter and outer door squeeges, channel felt. sorry not listed on my new web page yet. also shipped along with the 620 samples, were datsun pickup 521 door wing-window seals left and right. these too i'm looking remanufacturing. should have a answer about both in a few weeks one way or the other. if i have either seals made i won't be playing any games about limited stock, or only having so many made. and or pre-ordering. i have been selling weather seals for datsun 510's almost 12 years now. i'm into this for the long run. i will post a ad when i know anymore info or you can contract me, Mike @ datsunlandsocal.com 714-393-0273

• 1 year later...

are you looking for the seal that goes around the class on under the class on the outside?

I'm going to try Volvo 850 outdoor squeegee seal (it was for free in here @ pick'n'pull). Let you know how it works.

I needed some side window seals for my kc. I went to the website for the post above then noticed the member was banned. Anything I should be aware of before ordering the seals from them? Thanks!

You might search his user name for his posts and make your decision then.

I will say I have yet to see the kc seals correctly reproduced IMHO. They always seem to not fit the lower back corner like the orignal.

2eDeYe' timestamp='1354893330' post='808368']

yet to see the kc seals correctly reproduced IMHO. They always seem to not fit the lower back corner like the original.

good to know. The ones on Ebay seem to be a straight piece of rubber with the ends glued together. The problem is once you mount them, the corners are going to stretch and with some time will eventually crack / split out.

The KC seals need to be a molded piece to work.

I plan on taking some 79 KC. The only different's is the 79's have a chrome trim which will be painting black. So if anyone is wanting to replace their's, keep a look out for some good 79's.

I got my squeegees and door seals from datsun land and they work great. On the squeegees you have to pull all the metal tabs off and move them and trim ends to fit perfect but they look great and keep water out.

for the actual window seals like for the 1/4 windows and windshield- Speedy glass off 99 in tualitin say they can order all the glass and seals except the back window

King cab side window...

http://www.vintageru...seal-2-2-3.aspx

Datsun620KingCabSidewindow.jpg

Datsun 620 King Cab Pick Up Truck

1977-1979

Rear Quarter Window Seal.

Smooth - No groove for chrome trim

Brand new reproduction.

Made in the U.S.A.

I'd like to see one installed. I'm wary as their description is saying no chrome, while the pic has the chrome strip. Did they just use a picture of a stock seal?