620 Side window seals

Hoss

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2eDeYe' timestamp='1355155745' post='810152']

Oh I get that and don't need the channel.

Why isn't there a picture of the actual seals they are selling?

Because When I bought my windshield gasket for my 510, I was their 500th order ever.

They would put up a picture, if someone bought one and took a picture for them.

From my conversation with one of the guys, they seem to be car people and want to make sure their product does well.

I understand that they might be good guys, I'd still need to at least see a picture of the actual seal I would be purchasing. Not a picture of a truck with factory seals in a different configuration than they offer.

Just sayin.

They might also want to test fit a set to make sure they are selling something that will fit. Seems to me like they haven't done a test fit if there are no pictures of their seals installed?

Sorry if I'm coming off as a Negative Nancy, but some of the 'seals' I've seen for this application did not fit that great. I'd truely like to see some quality fit seals, as I do have a couple kingcabs that will require seals.

I get it. I'm in no way affliated with them, and was just offering what info I had. I'm sure they could get you a picture if you emailed them... Though no idea about installed installed pics. The picture they have for the 510 wagon hatch seal is a Toyota...

• 2 months later...
large_27575297_QQAO.jpg

here it is Volvo 850 window seal on a Datsun

How did this attach? Are the clips in the same place as the stock outer squeegee, or did you have to screw or pop rivet it into place? How does it fit towards the rear where it angles up? Our trucks here stateside don't have the quarter window....is this squeegee long enough to go all the way to the front of the door? Thanks!   :thumbup:

I used the foam door seals from a house outside door frame. Bought a 6 foot section from home depot for a few bucks, cut to fit. Snaps into the slot on the outside of the door.

Not perfect, but works for now until I can find something better. Id post pics but Im in Fla, trucks in NM.

http://www.new-datsun-parts.com/datsun-pl620-truck-parts.htmlanyone ever try these guys?i gotta order window squeegees, door handle, and door escutcheons. searched around and found this.

I buy off this guy, ONLY when I really need it. I cant remember what I ordered, outer squeeges IF in black, and the window rubber. He's from Vancouver, BC so he ships fast/cheap to me but he wont let me go to his place and scope his parts (for proper fit/colour) dinkus.

eBay has the rubber and squeeges at around the same price.

Just look look look, same transmission boot ^ that guy ^ wants $40 I got out of Mexico for $8 shipped.

• 3 months later...

I'd like to see one installed. I'm wary as their description is saying no chrome, while the pic has the chrome strip. Did they just use a picture of a stock seal?

Ask & you shall recieve  :)

IMG_00505.jpg

IMG_00507.jpg

EDIT: FIX BROKEN PICS

• Like 1

:) you spotted that.!! he's my nephew & he loves riding in my Datto's

I'm very happy with them. I'm going to order another set for my green truck.... hahahaha I just realized I have a red KC (really my sons) & a green KC (not a 4X4), too funny ..... anyhow, they fit great. REALLY REALLy tight to the body. I wish I had taken a photo of them off the truck, they have the lip that holds it to the body & three ribs that set in the "channel" of the window opening & then obviously the outter lip.

In the top pic, lower right corner it looks pulled but its not thats actually paint wear. I'll get some better close up pics of both sides & post this weekend.  

Thank you, those look pretty good. How are the corners? Do they cover the gap well?

Great looking truck man :cool:

the kid in the reflection is cracking me up :lol:

I WISH.!!!! 

The gasget is in great shape visually but HARD AS A ROCK.!!

The window is an old slider & a cheap one at that. We tinted the windows & replaced the side gaskets. The rear we had to tint in place.

Route66 Restoration on eBay carries them & I've yet to hear any negative things about them. Its who I plan to buy mine from.

I WISH.!!!! 

The gasget is in great shape visually but HARD AS A ROCK.!!

The window is an old slider & a cheap one at that. We tinted the windows & replaced the side gaskets. The rear we had to tint in place.

Route66 Restoration on eBay carries them & I've yet to hear any negative things about them. Its who I plan to buy mine from.

route 66 for the side glass? I have used them for the front gaskets in both the 620 and 240z.

Is that a new slider window or just a new gasket? If either where did you get it?

route 66 for the side glass? I have used them for the front gaskets in both the 620 and 240z.

I thought you were asking about the rear window gasket & slider.

The side gaskets I purchased at   http://www.vintagerubber.com/datsun240z-windshieldseal-2-2-3.aspx   the glass is OEM.

Were/are you happy with the Route66 products?  

I thought you were asking about the rear window gasket & slider.

The side gaskets I purchased at   http://www.vintagerubber.com/datsun240z-windshieldseal-2-2-3.aspx   the glass is OEM.

Were/are you happy with the Route66 products?  

I was asking about the rear glass and gasket. I don't think anyone sells the sliders new anymore. The gasket is slider exclusive. I don't think you can use an "oem" gasket with a slider. 

The windshield gasket are made by precision like most aftermarket gaskets. I had a glass company install a new glass with gasket in the truck. They had the same precision gasket. The one in the 240z I installed myself and had no problems the second time. Check my 240z link for windshield install, 2nd times the charm. Good thing I had a friend that had two windshields and wanted to try a hand at installing a windshield like I did.

I am sure the side glass gaskets are also made by precision. It's amazing that when dat620(?) had some made up and at the same time they came out from other vendors. What came first, the chicken or the egg. Sounds like who he had them made up screwed him on his order and sold them to others. JMO

route 66 does drop ship like most everyone, I seriously doubt they stock any inventory. But I had no problems and shipping was prompt. If they don't have it in their ebay store, give them a call and they could get it.

The gasket is slider exclusive. I don't think you can use an "oem" gasket with a slider. 

From what I can tell the slider has a large flange around it & the gasket definitly looks OEM, I could be completely wrong. My green truck is the same but the slider is a high quality one (still very old) and it fills the window opening much better concealing the flange & the gasket also looks OEM. Both were already on the trucks when I purchased them. from years past I dont recall any sliders I bought having exclusive gaskets but that was a VERY long time ago & again I could be wrong  : / .... I'll try & get decent pics

Windshields are a bitch. I hate doing them.!

It's amazing that when dat620(?) had some made up and at the same time they came out from other vendors. What came first, the chicken or the egg. Sounds like who he had them made up screwed him on his order and sold them to others. JMO

that wouldn't surprise me at all. I have a buddy dealing with this very thing on a motorcycle product he brought to market 4-5yrs ago & manufactures 100% in house & someone copied (made in Taiwan) & distributed thru unknowing "honest" venders.  

route 66 does drop ship like most everyone, I seriously doubt they stock any inventory. But I had no problems and shipping was prompt. If they don't have it in their ebay store, give them a call and they could get it.

Thanks for the feedback.

I found a complete kit on e-bay awhile back that had the windshield rear window all of the door rubbers including the side window felts and rubbers radio antenna and hood bumpers.

I cant remember the place but if you search rubber kits for 620 datsun it should come up 

I could be wrong as well about the gasket for the sliders. There was a place that listed new slider and another for just a gasket for a slider. I wouldn't know an oem gasket compared to slider gasket or vice versa. I don't need pics of the slider gasket.

• 10 years later...