77 b210

Those are nice wheels.

The fitment is tight in the rear. Lowering the front end will aleviate the rear tightness.

You can go back to your stock wheels untill you work the suspension. You can always have fender well work, widening the well and addin overfender flares.

Looks nice.

That is an interesting set up. Independent runners??? Does not look complicated shape wise.

Jaime._____________________________________________________

i'd love to set up some crazy carbs like that. motorcyle carbs seem to be abundant in ATL>

the wheels seem fine on the other side, it's just the damaged edge on the back left holding me up. i am going to try to beat it out and make them work. i have had these rims for years just waiting to find something to put them on. if not i'll go back to the beehive caps! brand new tires on those anyway.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the snowflake rims on your car. As mentioned lowering the front a bit will ease the rear up. Youll still need to pound that dent out but it doesnt look to bad. You can jack up the rear & remove the DS R tire, use a scissor jack & a small section of 2x4 [on the fender] & slowly extend the jack, the metal should start to bend outwards, if it does take a hammer & tap on the high spots..then extend the jack again-repeat.

• 1 month later...

finally got some tires that fit. could still go smaller but my local tire guy traded me straight for the 265's for these 185's. i was thinking about lowering it this weekend but it doesn't look like i have enough room. you guys think i should take off the factory stripes. i thought about painting them but it would be easier just to remove, they are a kinda cool seature though. this was the car from the ads. 5-speed with the the stripes!

DatsunB210208-1.jpg

DatsunB210201-1.jpg

DatsunB210203.jpg

DatsunB210204-1.jpg

Edited by Phlebmaster

Picture_005.jpg

cool man, you selling those? is the sticker just black and the car colr comes though? i could rock that and repaint the stripes all black.

redeye-i have been thinking about the sheetmetal but i can't really find anyone to do it yet. i have never worked with. is it something i might be able to figure out?

Guest jaimesix

I would not mess with the stripes untill it is time to paint and do body work on the whole car.

I would rid the car of those wheel well trim/chromes, those invite rust. That is the worst place to have trim like that.

For bumpers, I would consider getting Datsun 510 bumpers, those are common and easily available. Not the real 120Y ( overseas B210 ) bumpers, but untill you find a set, the 510s will work. Get the bumper brackets too.

It is looking good, and that photo shop lowering by 2edeeye looks cool.

I miss my B210......

Jaime._________________________________________________________

yeah i think the chrome fender lips are gonna go. the back left one is all torn up anyway. i probelly wont be painting the car anytime real soon. money is always tight and i kinda like faded orange look, plus i enjoy trying to buff it out. little rust spots and holes are starting along the botom edge of the car. what is the best way to stop this before it gets worse? without just sanding, bodywork paint routine. i was thinking of filling the holes and painting the bottom edge of the car black, so my bodywork doesn't show. like a 2-tone look. you guys think that would look alright? datsunfreaks b-210 stickers could hide some of it maybe. also is something i can spray on the undercarrige to prevent future rust. well i know there is tons of stuff, but what is the best/easiest. i love the original paint but it not worth it rusting worse while i own it.

anybody think i should paint the rims a different color? i thought about black for a while but never did it.

Guest jaimesix

Hi.

I would say the easiest way to stop rust and maintain the metal untill the time to give the car a thorough paint job is to get that rust of with a wire brush and grinder, and then paint that hole with POR 15. That paint is excellent.

The right way would be to cut the rust area is it has perforated the metal and then weld in a replacement piece of healthy metal, but if you want to stop rust meanwhile, then sand metal brush the area, apply POR 15 or some other Anti Rust paint, bondo on top of the anti rust paint treated area and sand top fit. Then retouch with some orange paint.

About 2 tone paint, it is cool if carefully done, and depends on your choice of colors.If you like it, that is rule number one, make the owner happy.

Jaime.______________________________________________________

• 3 months later...

Charlie, the 210 is looking nice. Luv the new rims. Man you've got to get those decal's. After a new paint job those would look good on there. Are you going for the no bumper look on the front, or can you just not find one? If your looking for one, I'll be on the look out for ya. I sent you a pm on the floor mats and the new dash pad I have now for the B210. Give me a yell.

Guest jaimesix

Cool, nice progress. Luv B210s.

You can have a rear valance made for your ride. US B210s had no valance , I assume the automaker realized it was not visible under the big park bench bumper, so perhaps they saw fit to save some money avoiding installation of valances in US B210s.

With the valance ( check overseas B210s ) and the small bumper, it looks like a million bucks.

Your car is coming along, I like it.

Jaime._________________________________________________

• 2 weeks later...

thanks man, i'm happy to see some peaple with b210's on the board. right now i am trying to find sidecar emblems and little stuff. probely doing a weber carb soon since mine gets crap milage and needs a re-build. after that suspention and brakes. have you posted a thread on your b210's nick?

Howdy Mr. Bucket,

I like the tach you have in your dash board, nice placement. I want a tach in my B210, but don't know where to put and what brand to buy.

How is that working for you? Is the placement good? What brand is it? My speedometer is seven miles too fast because of non stock tires I'm running. At least, I think that's the reason.

I want to run taller, wider tires in the rear. I'm checking out 15 inch Zee rims tomorrow. I'm thinking or running 225 70R 15's on the rear and 175 70R 13's in the front.

I'm sure that will throw off my speedometer even more. I'm thinking a tachometer will guage my speed accurately regardless of tire size.

Right now I'm running 175/70/13's on front and back. My speedo points to 72mph when I'm doing 65.

Check out this tire calculator link, I've been calculating tire size and width click the end button to see width calculation.

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

I'm sure that will screw up speedometer. I want to use a tach to gauge my speed. What do you think?

Any comments on tire size affecting gear ratio? Odometer readings? Will MPG be distorted?

Edited by Nicholas7620
add tire calculator link
cool man, made me a dash pad! i have the bumper for the front, i just don't like it. i may modify them in the future{push them back} or custom fit some different ones. i held a 620 front bumper up there once and it looked almost right, we'll see.

Hey Charlie,

See my two threads (in Datsun Parts for Sale) on Rubberman's dash pads and floor mats; for about $70 with shipping, you can cheaply spruce up your DD.

I'm getting nice compliments on my tan floor mats and dash pad.

Your wifey might ditch her "magnet" Buick! :lol:.

hey nick-well i already bought a dash pad and the mats from rubberman, very cool. on the tach, the placement is pretty good but you tend to not really look at it much over there. my speedometer has been off since i got the car. even when on the stock 13" wheels. maybe they just break or something. i figure it is at least 10 mph to fast, maybe 7 like yours is a better guess. i know i go 100 on the interstate all the time and i seem to be hanging with the faster traffic. i never even thought to guage the speed by the tach but it should work fine. tach seems to be very accurate, it's a sunapro i think. or something that sounds like that?? the placement makes you lose a vent, but mine was broken anyway. i personally wouldn't do it if you have a nice vent there. i would still prefer the stock placement of the tach. i bet some other stock datsun tachs would fit in the b210's spot, what do you think?

you can gauge your speed by the mile markers. Time how long it takes to cover 5 of them....try not to start or stop on one near a on/off ramp since they're not placed as accurately. Keep you tach constant for the duration. Figure up the time against the distance and that will tell you what mph you have at that tach rpm.

...here...this explains it better. oh...most cell phones have timers or stop watches on them :)

http://www.web-cars.com/math/speedometer.html

That's how I figured my speedo was reading 7 miles too high. I'm trying out a pair of 205/70/14's as of today. I like the feel of a higher rear end and lower front end.

I have to recalibrate my speedo by following a buddy driving 65.

I was thinking the tach in the air vent might be out of the line of sight. I like your idea of putting the tack in the dash. I don't have a clock in my B, maybe I could stick an after market tach in the clock spot.

You don't see many aftermarket tach's any more.

EDIT: I found a sunpro that might work on the steering column. Does a tachometer attach to the distributor, is that how a tachometer works?

Edited by Nicholas7620
Correction
  • 1 year later...

First off, i got to say thanks again to GGzilla. he gave me a starter for my b210. free!! only paid shipping, Ratsun is a great place. i put on some wheels i got from a friend recently. i have no idea what they are? so know i must get my flares and lower it, as you will see. Just need a 280zx front assembly's and some te27 flares and it will be set. i have been running 15" snowflakes with tall tires and i just cant see in skinny tires for them in the immediate future. I cant wait to slam this thing now.

156a766c.jpg

f2769e54.jpg

4e1a7031.jpg

ee4fe9ff.jpg

97bac1ff.jpg

ff6da974.jpg

First off, i got to say thanks again to GGzilla. he gave me a starter for my b210. free!! only paid shipping, Ratsun is a great place. i put on some wheels i got from a friend recently. i have no idea what they are? so know i must get my flares and lower it, as you will see. Just need a 280zx front assembly's and some te27 flares and it will be set. i have been running 15" snowflakes with tall tires and i just cant see in skinny tires for them in the immediate future. I cant wait to slam this thing now.

156a766c.jpg

f2769e54.jpg

4e1a7031.jpg

ee4fe9ff.jpg

97bac1ff.jpg

ff6da974.jpg

man, that some fat lip right there, i love it. more pimpin b210's!