77 b210

Guest jaimesix

The Datsun B210 is a cool and beautifull car. It is easy to say it is an ugly car when the car is seen with those hideous "US only" "Park Bench" style bumpers.

Imagine a Datsun 510 ( it got lucky, it exited the market prior to the Park Bench bumpers ordinance ) with such brick laden bumpers???

The proper "rest of the world" bumpers would restore the original look. I took the pumpers off in mine.

I will look for some pictures to illustrate the bumper issue. There was a cool round tail lamp version overseas, known as PB210 and Sunny Excellent 1400 .

With proper bumpers ( or no bumpers, better than those bench style units ), lowered and with nice wheels/tires, is another car.

The B210 has a lot of wheel well space for nice fat tires. It has a lot of potential.

The Sunny Excellent 1400 came factory fitted with an L14 engine. South Africa had a sports version, badged Datsun 140Z ( sports tuned with L14 engine ) and 160Z ( same as before, with the L16 engine.) That means B210s are build to house L series engines. Both the PB210 and the Sunny Excellent 1400 had round tail lamps and a front grille that was pointier. The gauge cluster housed round gauges similar to the "Z" cars, round and deep.

Jaime.___________________________________________________

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jaimesix

Sold, and it fetched serious bucks.

I can see it will not be easy to get that sought after rear end.:rolleyes:

BTW, Are we talking to D Gonz????

What's up dude.

Jaime._______________________________________________________

Guest jaimesix

Good to talk to you again....Ggodzilla. Project B210 is in the works. I have compiled some interesting parts for a nice engine. A brand new cylinder head....and a japanese twin SU A series.

As soon as I come across a nice bodied B210 at the right price....I will take it.

Are you going to Canby???

Jaime.___________________________________________________________

Guest jaimesix

I will do my best. My 610 should be ready by then. Sure George W is making it very difficult for Southern Californians......

Jaime.____________________________________________________

Good to talk to you again....Ggodzilla. Project B210 is in the works. I have compiled some interesting parts for a nice engine. A brand new cylinder head....and a japanese twin SU A series.

As soon as I come across a nice bodied B210 at the right price....I will take it.

Are you going to Canby???

Jaime.___________________________________________________________

how hard was it to get a hold of these parts? esp. the twin SU? i was thinking motor swap but not any more, i have decided to build an A-series. if you have leads on some parts you don't want let me know.

Guest jaimesix
how hard was it to get a hold of these parts? esp. the twin SU? i was thinking motor swap but not any more, i have decided to build an A-series. if you have leads on some parts you don't want let me know.

Hi.

I agree, a cool A series is the way to go on your B210. It is about having fun and enjoying a tuned engine with a responsive automobile with good brakes and suspension.

In my opinion, it is quality of ride, quality of workmanship. I can appreciate an A series engine tuned and modify much better than a skunk swap a la mode.

For S/U carbs, you can check Australian sites , they have S/U on sale all the time, plus manifolds and stuff. We never got any S/Us on A series engines, reason why you must check overseas.

For a performance street A series you could also use a single sidedraught, twin sidedraugths or a downdraught like the 38DGES.

About a year ago it was a bargain to buy at AU E Bay. The dollar was like twice as expensive. Today, thanks to George W Bush, we are in the bushes, the US dollar is at par with the AU dollar. But still good, it is the same value , so there are cool parts to get.

I got myself a cool Dellorto sidedraught with a single "Lynx" crossflow manifold in great shape ( for my 710.:D )

The engine I got got it through a friend that bought it here at a japanese import used engine shop. One of those odd things that end up probably by mistake at our shores, but someone's mistake was my gain. The engine was collecting dust in a corner, nobody knew what it was. Since this friend is not into B210s , we made a deal.

You can build a cool A series. That is what I am using in my next project B210.You can use S/Us, that would be cool. William has gotten himself a set of S/Us for his 610.

I will be glad to help.

Jaime.____________________________________________________

There are a lot of Twin-Hitachi (factory Datsun) setups in the USA. I bought two last year ... and see them advertised about every month. Don't get SUs, those are not as good.

You can get cams, pistons, just about anything here in USA. new intake manifolds, etc.

Guest jaimesix
There are a lot of Twin-Hitachi (factory Datsun) setups in the USA. I bought two last year ... and see them advertised about every month. Don't get SUs, those are not as good.

You can get cams, pistons, just about anything here in USA. new intake manifolds, etc.

Hi Ggzilla.

A series engines were not offered in US with dual Hitachis right? Are you talking about Roadster stuff?

Engine parts are indeed available here , cams, pistons, most everything ( contrary to guys in the UK, they complain there are no parts to build A series motors over there.)

An A series tuned and modify is cool.

Jaime._________________________________________________________

Twin-Hitachis were sold new in USA by Datsun Competition. Also some set came in on used engines from Japan. I see them on eBay or Craigslist from time to time. Some of them are for Datsun 510 or 610, or newer Roadsters. Some are for A-series. The Z-car ones are too big.

Well, yeah I see craploads o them for sale for 510s and Roadster. I was talking about specifically A-series SUs.

Have you any of those?

And to be truthful, all the other carbs (510, Roadster, and Z) are too "big". And all are made slightly different from each other so as not to be directly interchangeable. With some modification, yes.

here is a crappy pic of my new wheels. i was out in the rain installing them sunday night after my babies went to sleep. the back left is stuck on the dented fender lip, and my car doesn't want to move now. so new rims, but can't go anywhere until i beat out the dent. there's a thread on it in general tech.

DatsunB210191.jpg

Guest jaimesix

Those are nice wheels.

The fitment is tight in the rear. Lowering the front end will aleviate the rear tightness.

You can go back to your stock wheels untill you work the suspension. You can always have fender well work, widening the well and addin overfender flares.

Looks nice.

Katana Mikunis , Can you weld?

That is an interesting set up. Independent runners??? Does not look complicated shape wise.

Jaime._____________________________________________________