HiComp ITB KA24DE 510

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I NEED WIRING HELP!

ok so think i got most of the wiring

black white goes to one side of ballast resistor, then green goes to positive side of coil, yellow goes to the brakes, black and red goes to the base of the dizzy

but i dont know where a plain black wire goes.. and the wire that goes from ballast to coil and i think thats it

No real progress today.

I found more problems i have to address before even starting up.

putting the thermostat on today i realized that the thread closest to the front of the car is stripped. cool.

the fuel line is also too long for the Weber location so i have to bend some tubing.

took off the steering wheel today after ripping the foam piece off. wasn't too happy about that.

oh and put the radiator on

i did more work on my G20 in hour than i did on my Dime in a day. waiting sucks.

IMG00577-20111004-1046.jpg

IMG00579-20111004-1224.jpg

IMG00583-20111004-1413.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys sorry i haven't updated in a while, i almost got this thing started the dizzy wasn't firing so i have to figure that out.

but i got a 84 turbo 300zx that i'm using for parts, what else can i use from it? i got the Tranny, diff and rear spoiler. :)

i've been cleaning up my dads Z, and learning body work from this guy lately. im back to school Monday from my two week break so i wont be having too much time to work.. fuck too many things get in the way.

IMG00609-20111014-2002-1.jpg

look at this beautiful hood

IMG00597-20111011-0841.jpg

Z's are cool buuttt... Get back to work on the dime :lol:

For that hole that is stripped on your thermostat housing... If it is the one that is the farthest forward hole that holds the t-stat housing to the block there is a semi easy fix. Ive noticed that a lot of these are stripped by people running too long of a bolt into the timing chain and stripping the threads before the t-stat is secure/tight.

You will need a bolt about 3/8" longer than the original that was used to bolt the t-stat to the head, a lockwasher and a nut. (The bolts that are used to secure the cam towers on a z20/22/24 just so happen to be the perfect length)

Secure your timing chain with a block or rubber hose and pull your cam gear and move the chain out of the way.

Put the bolt in from the inside of the head so the threads are going out to the t-stat... its basically a stud now that isnt threaded into the head and just rotates semi freely.

Put your timing gear and chain back on and tighten it down. remove whatever it was you used to hold the chain in place.

Attach your thermostat and use a box end wrench to hold the bolthead from inside the engine when tightening the nut on the outside of the t-stat.

Install rocker cover and fill with fluid... done :)

Shouldnt take you more than 1/2 hour if youve got the tools and hardware.

Z's are cool buuttt... Get back to work on the dime :lol:

For that hole that is stripped on your thermostat housing... If it is the one that is the farthest forward hole that holds the t-stat housing to the block there is a semi easy fix. Ive noticed that a lot of these are stripped by people running too long of a bolt into the timing chain and stripping the threads before the t-stat is secure/tight.

You will need a bolt about 3/8" longer than the original that was used to bolt the t-stat to the head, a lockwasher and a nut. (The bolts that are used to secure the cam towers on a z20/22/24 just so happen to be the perfect length)

Secure your timing chain with a block or rubber hose and pull your cam gear and move the chain out of the way.

Put the bolt in from the inside of the head so the threads are going out to the t-stat... its basically a stud now that isnt threaded into the head and just rotates semi freely.

Put your timing gear and chain back on and tighten it down. remove whatever it was you used to hold the chain in place.

Attach your thermostat and use a box end wrench to hold the bolthead from inside the engine when tightening the nut on the outside of the t-stat.

Install rocker cover and fill with fluid... done :)

Shouldnt take you more than 1/2 hour if youve got the tools and hardware.

Why didn't i think of that! i already tapped it though, one bolt size bigger. if this fails, i'm definitely doing this, ill weld a nut to one side of the stud though

• 4 weeks later...

thats the same green I was going to paint my Z.

its the 07-ish fiesta/mustang/focous green

I'll take better oics when i see it.

Idk at first i was like green is shitty, but it's growing on me. He was originally going to paint it Metallic Blue... He surprised me.

Ollz, wouldn't be surprised if he buys a RB26 next

Too be very honest, i depended on my parents to give me rides to the auto parts store to get the last bit of shit i need to get this damn thing running. well that and i had no money.

I just got my license on Wednesday, and my mom is trying to pull some shit to not let me drive by myself (Very overprotective... i think).

Tomorrow i'm planning on heading over to Autozone to pick up some 5/16in tubing and 2 1/4in gas tank........................Rubber piece. (words escaping me, very tired...)

Everyday I think about this car. even if its Autotragic, all i want to do is drive this thing. I've been in a bad mood every day i don't get this thing running, lets hope tomorrow i get to fire up.

Do you guys have any pointers on how to install the metal piece that goes in between gas tank and fuel tank filler? I'm having trouble connecting it to the rubber piece that is uber hard to find... no oics right now.. ill try to find some on the web.

Lol guess not

510EX25.jpg

Edited by DAT510
  • 3 weeks later...