HiComp ITB KA24DE 510

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

THAT COULD STILL BE BDC!!! You have to see the cam. The piston goes to the top twice in a 4 stroke motor...

But it only has compression on one of then ..and that is TDC

Or at least going up to it.

Putting finger in / over sparkplug hole is a very reliable way of finding TDC

• Like 1

But it only has compression on one of then ..and that is TDC

Or at least going up to it.

Putting finger in / over sparkplug hole is a very reliable way of finding TDC

I guess BDC is the wrong term, I meant the opposite of TDC compression, so TDC exhaust stroke...

I could see what you were trying to explain to DAT510 but in my opinion he should always go top dead , and then if off fix ..If he does it always the same way , , he can eliminate human error .

I have a youngster i am trying to teach engine timing to and consistency is everything..

Well that and not grabbing his throat for snide comments that seem to flow out his mouth.laugh.giflaugh.gif

• Like 2

I understand consistency. Yes TDC always!!! But that doesnt always mean the rotor is pointing at plug #1, and that is more or less what I was trying to explain with the why...The only true TDC to set a distributor at right the first time is on the compression stroke, and you can only tell that with seeing the lobes on the cam shaft.

along with my "electronic distributor" as Autozone calls it, i have a 82 200sx coil, im not sure on the wiring but i wired the red with + and green with - and kept the ballast wiring and coil wiring the same throughout the coil and dizzy swap, i didn't see any spark what's so ever. Now the 200SX had two coils (As it was a 8 plug Z22E) and had no ballast i don't remember if the wiring went directly to the dizzy but there was a junction box type thing that connected to it. i'm saying this because i remember reading something about having to use correct voltage and resistance when it comes to these Pertronix kits, and they were designed to run with the stock coil and ballast. but i don't know what to run nor if im running it correctly.

Seeing as the 200SX didn't come with ballasts, that would mean that there probably is less resistance or none needed to run these correct? so therefore the ballast that is currently hooked up is most likely over kill. i'm kind of confused on the wiring and everything. The coil doesn't fire spark, so the wiring must be messed up.... Can someone point me in the right direction?

IMG00723-20111222-1602-1.jpg

IMG00726-20111222-1602.jpg

IMG00725-20111222-1602.jpg

Damn I don't have experience with electronic distributors other than pertronix :( ... This sounds a bit interesting .... Throw a points coil in to test with it ...

Ballast resistors can go bad ... Test for contnuity across the terminals with a multimeter ... (Volts)

Do you possible have a points dizzy and coil you could just throw in :) and test it with ?

Sorry dude !

I had one burn out on me ... Make sure the wires on the inside of the distributor do not rub anything ... Wrap with insulation or heat shrink at least if they do !

Lol i had a dual point dizzy in there and was going to replace the condenser, but instead got this "electronic distributor" which is a reman, but is really nothing more than a dizzy with a pertronix kit. i think....

for some reason i got a 78 510 dizzy.... idk why i did that when i probably could of gotten a matchbox...

Lol i had a dual point dizzy in there and was going to replace the condenser, but instead got this "electronic distributor" which is a reman, but is really nothing more than a dizzy with a pertronix kit. i think....

for some reason i got a 78 510 dizzy.... idk why i did that when i probably could of gotten a matchbox...

Replace the condensor ... Fire the bische up lol

Idk dude I did the same ... But since you spent the money would be nice to figure out electronic stuff

Take a picture of the dizzy with the cap off. If it is like the remote igniter, well then theres your problem.

It sounds like it is either a Remote igniter, or a pertronix.

Also I was getting confused with reading... You said that coil is from the 200sx, and it had no ballast? If so then that is an EI coil, and you should not run a ballast.

Take a picture of the dizzy with the cap off. If it is like the remote igniter, well then theres your problem.

It sounds like it is either a Remote igniter, or a pertronix.

Also I was getting confused with reading... You said that coil is from the 200sx, and it had no ballast? If so then that is an EI coil, and you should not run a ballast.

Sorry, yeah let me clarify that.

The 8 plug dizzy was infact a electronic ignition dizzy.

this is my new dizzy, not 8 plug

IMG00712-20111218-1652.jpg

Guest kamakazi620

i triple checked, i found the mark on the crank pulley and took off the valve cover to check that as well, and used my finger, and although not that reliable looked at the rotor on the dizzy

IMG00697-20111214-1538.jpg

^^^^ Theres your problem FRAM!!!!!!!!!!!!! the "Other" "F" word the first is "Ford"

Wow very nice one..Keep it up.!

I can't help but think you're a spammer, you're sig is suspicious. if not disregard this.

^^^^ Theres your problem FRAM!!!!!!!!!!!!! the "Other" "F" word the first is "Ford"

I know, i know, i had no money left over and really wanted to change the oil, i will change it when it's life span ends in....2 miles

didn't start the car today, i sorta fried the module somehow....

But i'm getting a Matchbox dizzy on Monday!

:lol: