how to get springs out!!!!

ohio510

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

got em out finally what a pain in the. ........ received my front coil overs from troy emrish racing today. apparently struts aren't included in the internet prices. really sucks on a budget like everyone else just wanna roll my dime. have been searching for one in the midwest for 7 years don't wanna watch it sit on stands all summer

I don't think anyone sells the struts with coilovers for a 510 for any price. I'm pretty sure troys website says they are not included. Not hard to put em on anyway. Just grind the old spring seat off and weld on a ring for the sleeves to sit on. (or pay a welder $40 to weld a ring on). No big deal

I don't think anyone sells the struts with coilovers for a 510 for any price. I'm pretty sure troys website says they are not included. Not hard to put em on anyway. Just grind the old spring seat off and weld on a ring for the sleeves to sit on. (or pay a welder $40 to weld a ring on). No big deal

Skib recommends the rings you bolt onto the unit, no Weldon required and he said they are tough as hell.

Pm him for better info, he would know if they are strong

I used an angle grinder and thin 4" metal cutting disc. Scored it all the way round just above the weld, being careful not to cut into the strut body.

strutmods004Large-1.jpg

Use hammer to top it up and off.

strutmods005Large-1.jpg

You still need to use the angle grinder to remove the weld so the strut is smooth.

strutmods006Large.jpg

Instead of welding I used these split collars to support everything. It can be removed or adjusted later. They are rated at 6,600 lbs. and cost under $10 each.

strutmods010Large.jpg

And yeah my dad taugt me to zip tie the springs while the car has them compressed, it's easier to remove them that way. Hope it all works out.

What part of Ohio do you live in, I lived in Athens for years and I hated it.

dayton and it sucks

removing rear springs one must remove at least the tire side of the half shaft then remove the shock bolts while jack is holding up the drum.

the coil over kit shoud be a spring and threaded collar and a steel weldable pearch.

Hopefully your a smart guy and have a Top hat set up with a bearing so you can turn EZer.

Most coil over kits have photoes and shows what come with it. ( I never see struts unless its on a swap basis)

removing rear springs one must remove at least the tire side of the half shaft then remove the shock bolts while jack is holding up the drum.

the coil over kit shoud be a spring and threaded collar and a steel weldable pearch.

Hopefully your a smart guy and have a Top hat set up with a bearing so you can turn EZer.

Most coil over kits have photoes and shows what come with it. ( I never see struts unless its on a swap basis)

yeah figured out the strut insert thing the hard way one pick had a compete fronts built so i just assumed. have top hat and camber plates coilover and modified pearch. just had a newbie moment.....