how to get springs out!!!!

ohio510

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to let you know My rotas are 15x7 +25mm yousaid yours were +22(do they make +22 ?). If you use bumpsteer spacers the tierod end might hit the rim.As mine barely hit. so I dont run them.

If your running +25mm you better be using 510 struts. If using 280zx struts the rim will hit the strut.

Get the front end alighn immediately. My tires were feathering right away.

I used a 7inch spring as I had to mount my perch higher and cut the collar half way to keep the perch above the tire/perch. a 8in spring would have not brought it down far enough for me

Just to let you know My rotas are 15x7 +25mm yousaid yours were +22(do they make +22 ?). If you use bumpsteer spacers the tierod end might hit the rim.As mine barely hit. so I dont run them.

If your running +25mm you better be using 510 struts. If using 280zx struts the rim will hit the strut.

Get the front end alighn immediately. My tires were feathering right away.

I used a 7inch spring as I had to mount my perch higher and cut the collar half way to keep the perch above the tire/perch. a 8in spring would have not brought it down far enough for me

i am using 510 struts and my bad they are +25mm do you have a pic of your front assy?

MY 510 struts were shorten to the 280zx length strut cartridge. 510s cam with different cartridges sizes. they list 3 for a 510. Pointiackid did a good write up on his struts maybe PM him. also if using a Koni shock you might need a washer thing for the sturt as the Konis are NON metric for the camber plates tops.

Then later I went with the coil overs.

PS You might want to get the 7in spring also.

remeber I had my threade colloar cut in half almost.

My new spring perch in the kit. Thats think washer thing I had jeff weld it almost in the same spot.

I had the put the rim on the strut to see what clearance I had if you have a tire on there even better but I went with a 195 /45/15 tire .

got em out finally what a pain in the. ........ received my front coil overs from troy emrish racing today. apparently struts aren't included in the internet prices. really sucks on a budget like everyone else just wanna roll my dime. have been searching for one in the midwest for 7 years don't wanna watch it sit on stands all summer

ok so fuckin rant time...... just cause I am a nubie from ohio dosent mean I don't love my dime. after discussing with said co about what I needed to finish my car he said he would get it shiped out last wed. called fri no reply haddent been charged yet. called mon said shipped fri and he was behind on billing he would get to it. called today like wtf it 4 days ground to here. they never shipped so basicly I'm still fucked w no parts or info. guess you have to live out west to have a dime or waste ...time on co who don't give a shit about you or your car. take five min and make sure its finished don't lead people on it fucking sucks... still on mother fucking jack stands thanks.

Yo, post the pics of last Tuesday's flat!

ok so as jon requested. Here is the story..... on her maiden voyage about 8 miles round trip.. mile six i heard an odd clunk in the front suspention?

like an idiot convinced my self i was almost home and it was probly just a rock anyway.(yeah right) about 100 yards later it sounded like some one shot a 357magnum in my passenger seat and the car pulled super hard to the right. after wildly bringing her to a stop(and checking my pants) i got out of my dime terrified of what i will see on the passenger side. came around and tire was flat hu i thought brand new tire why? after a closer inspection i noticed my caliper through my brand new rb's(trying not to freak out). my heart sunk aparently one of the caliper bolts dident seat right and vibrated out allowing the caliper to swing up into the rim get pinced and blow through the rim. Called jon freakin out on the side of the road all like come fn heeeeelp!!!!!!! the funny part is i dont think he belived me @ first. after some road side mechanics(rigging) she could atleast be driven the last mile or so home.. mad props to my homie jon who saved the day!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lesson learned got home and went back through everything(note skid mark between dime and scooby).2011-05-17173203.jpg2011-05-17173155.jpg2011-05-17173146.jpg

I have never seen anything like that. but hey, look on the brightside at least the tires still good. I try to use a mild thread lock on almost everything I reassemble.

nope tire fu*t flat spotted side walls insta flat @ 40