Best Datsun for MPG?

Im looking for a high gas mileage vehicle. What Datsun gets the best gas mileage? Can be newer or older, a truck or a car. I really like the 620's, but dont know how good of gas mileage they get. So feel free to let me know with your top Datsun pick for MPG.

Thanks,

Dylan

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my first 510 with a stock L16 and stock carb got about 35mpg cruising with a 280zx 5-speed ......... it couldn't make it up a steep hill though ....... :lol:

......... I bet a smooth running KA24DE would get 30mpg if you keep an egg between your foot and the gas-pedal ....... :lol:

......... I bet a smooth running KA24DE would get 30mpg if you keep an egg between your foot and the gas-pedal ....... :lol:

My KA24DE 510 gives me 35mpg. My cousin's 4 door SR20 510 gives him 33mpg. Gotta love that! :lol:

My '76 B-210 got 53MPG on one tank on the prairies, the rest were all in the 40s. At home average33 to 35 mixed driving. Only once or twice was able to force it into the 20s. It was just way too much work to drive it that hard for a whole tank full.

I actually got 11 miles to a gallon in a 521 Truck with a L-16, and a four speed.

I was pulling an empty two horse trailer down the Columbia gorge, and the wind was blowing strongly up the Columbia gorge. Second gear, about 5,000 RPM, well into the secondary of the carb.

For the best gas mileage, B-210, or 1200. Make sure it has good compression, and valves, or just plan on freshing up the engine.