Project "OJ"

This is my 74 620 that I traded my red truck to NAS for. Ive always wanted a orange 1 :cool: Shes a lil beat up & has a bad motor but this truck has loads of style! Tons of potential! Just got it in the garage for deconstruction. First things first I pulled of the door molding that I hate with a passion! :angry: Pulling motor & interior to give it a thorough clean-up. Then put in good bench seat & an L18 out of another 74. Pull a leaf out of the back to adjust the stance a bit. Buff out the cool orange paint. Put in a stereo. & last but not least I think im going to roll the slots formerly of RickRats red truck. I really like the stock orangers but I have always liked the slots on these trucks & want to do it.

PiCs BeeOtches :fu:

Julius.jpg

080.jpg

081.jpg

082.jpg

083.jpg

084.jpg

085.jpg

087.jpg

088.jpg

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok are you in the Portland area? Yeah that area is a bit tough but with a tack puller we can get it really close and bondo it out to look perfect, or even better I have long angled taps that we can hit from the inside of the fender and tap it out even closer to perfect.

I love body work! And it will give me a chance to hang with some ratsun family!!!

Go team ratsun!!!

Ok are you in the Portland area? Yeah that area is a bit tough but with a tack puller we can get it really close and bondo it out to look perfect, or even better I have long angled taps that we can hit from the inside of the fender and tap it out even closer to perfect.

I love body work! And it will give me a chance to hang with some ratsun family!!!

Go team ratsun!!!

LOL. No Im a lil farther north up I5. About 3 hours! :cool:

Oh bummer dude I was already talking to the wife about the weekend after my bday, that's a bit to far for me to do free work bit if your ever close I would love to help

WoW! You really must like body work. I appreciate your offer kind sir :wub: Wish we lived closer.

• 1 month later...

Finally got OJ done to the point where I could drive it. :cool: Its totally 70's retro with the slots & the brite orange :thumbup: I put an L20 that I got out of a $200 parts truck. Put in the nice black diamond tuck bench seat I got from my other 74. I found this old B&M white shift knob somewhere & installed it. Still gots lots to do. Finish Buffing paint. Center console with stereo & kick panels with speakers. Floor mats. Dash vents. Fix E-brake. Exhaust. Bedliner spray & other little things. It runs & drives nice. Here are some pics of the progress :fu:

009-1.jpg

008.jpg

007.jpg

006.jpg

005.jpg

004.jpg

003.jpg

002.jpg

001.jpg

I knew youd have Julius looking good in no-time.

Nice work, Doug!

Thanks Nas. Got a lot more to do but @ least I can drive it now :D It gets a lot of looks & conversation :thumbup: Gotta fix the E-brake, steering wheel & find some cool mats next. Getting new exhaust on Tuesday. Just 2" pipe with glasspack & Chrome Tailpipe out back.

More pics & updates to come :mellow: