1960 DATSUN PL211 SCAMMER ON EBAY

I won the auction for the 1960 Datsun PL211 Vin # Pl211000319 on ebay tonight Ebay auction # 280655435960 and the seller hboss08 emails me to say he will not accept the final winning bid that he has someone who will give him more for it . It was a no reserve auction This is the third time he listed the same car and got no bids previously Its in New Rochell New York .

Has anyone ever run into this before ??

Mod if this is in the wrong section please move it

Thanks

• Like 1
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didnt get a chance to pay he was local about 20 miles from me I had been in contact with him prior to the auction ending and was going to pay cash in person .

I plan to call Ebay during their office hours tomorrow . Lets see how BINDING the contract that the buyer and seller enter into is . Second call is to a friend who is a Lawyer but i am sure i will be able to feel his eyes rolling back in his head through the phone as i explain what happened . It was the sellers third listing of the car over the past month and had zero bids until tonight in the last 20 seconds of the auction so he could have added a reserve any time or ended the auction right up until the end but didnt .He contacted me right after the auction ended and said "I will not sell the car to you i have someone who will pay me more" Would you send the money after that message?

I read somewhere once the auction ends its a contract, that was agreed to when the seller put it up. If he did not pull the auction before it ended, its yours, so id report him, and then see what else is in your power on that. Bull for people to pull shit like this.

Copied directly off E-bay web site.

Policy overview

A non-binding bid is a bid that shows a buyer's interest in purchasing an item, but it doesn't create a formal contract between the buyer and the seller.

All bids made in the Real Estate and eBay Motors vehicles categories are considered non-binding.

Get your lawyer friend to draft up a letter starting with "This is a formal notice...." and ending with "....conduct yourself accordingly". Anything to cause that douche to worry and sweat a little. Even if he has to pay a lawyer to tell him it's bull shit. :lol:

Copied directly off E-bay web site.

Policy overview

A non-binding bid is a bid that shows a buyer's interest in purchasing an item, but it doesn't create a formal contract between the buyer and the seller.

All bids made in the Real Estate and eBay Motors vehicles categories are considered non-binding.

Orly... Hmmm :devil:

Figures with my luck i have been playing by the rules on Ebay for all these years and a POS like this can do anything he wants . At least he will need to re register with Ebay under another name now .He never got a bid on anything he listed up until now most likely since he had 0 feedback and now he has Minus 1 .

Called Ebay this morning and absolutely no help The Customer service rep was so inexperienced she could not bring up my account after i spelled it out to her letter by letter several times and my email address either

I had noticed Ebay was going down hill lately but this is just CRAZY!! The survey they ask you to fill out does not want any ID info or Item number info not event my User ID so how do they track anything (They dont)

Doubt i will be using them any more for future purchases .

The seller called me last night and the sale may go through ?? We will see Saturday , It was local so i was not afraid of sending money and not getting the item otherwise i would not have bid with a Zero Feedback seller .I remember when i first started on ebay and had zero feedback Everyone has to start somewhere . I tend to give people a chance .

He had up until the very end to cancel the auction but didnt and let it run out . Hopefully in the end he will do the right thing .

Nope He is still playing games and now says he sold it to someone else , All i can hope for is Karma to bite him !

Todays update after telling me the car was sold and gone(The reason he gave ebay for breaking the selling contract ) he relists the car again Same seller same car and appears to be running up the bidding this time ?? It takes all kinds !!

You said he was only 20 miles away. GO KICK HIS ASS. J/K That sucks for you.

I wonder what he would do if you won the bid then backed out on him. "Freakin butt hole"

I dont have absolute proof he is running up the bids but who bids on a car from a seller with -1 feedback on the first few days of an auction Its at triple what the winning bid was last week all ready with 4 days to go and last week only one other bidder than myself in the last seconds ??

The seller is a DB for doing what he did but Ebay just isnt what it used to be either ! They let people do stuff like this with no penalty they deserve to have everyone jump over to Craigslist . Wth no fees its now my favorite way to buy and sell . Who wants to wait all week for an item to end only to be told you cant buy it for the winning bid ??

I dont think the seller realizes how small the market for that car is and considering that it needs everything The $4995 was just crazy !! The zero feedback bidder that ran it up at the end opened their Ebay account the second day of the auction .I would bet on it being relisted soon .