521 Sleeper

I know there must be a few hard core Datsun fans in here. And I don't want to offend anyone. So please keep in mind that we did not cut this truck up. Ok a buddy of mind was offered this truck in a trade, for a 90 something Dale Earnheat edition Monty. Crappy front wheel drive version. It already came with a Chevy V8, we were told it was a 327, but once we check the casting number it turned out to be a 307. Well, we being the nuts of the block had to take care of that. LOL! So here's what we came up with. SBC 400 .30 dual eye brow piston's, fuelly head's, and a retarded cam. I don't recall the spec's I'll get that for you tomorrow. Turbo 350 tranny with 3400 stall convertor, and a spool in the 8'' ford read. That might I add I think will blow to $h(t when we really hit the 200 shot. LOL! I hope you guys like it, I'll keep you posted. Oh I almost forgot I wanna thank Jason for inviting to the board. Here's some teaser pix. And the new motor should be in tomorrow.

DSC00881.jpg

DSC00882.jpg

DSC00883.jpg

DSC00884.jpg

DSC00886.jpg

DSC00887.jpg

DSC00888.jpg

DSC00889.jpg

DSC00890.jpg

DSC00891.jpg

DSC00892.jpg

DSC00893.jpg

DSC00894.jpg

DSC00895.jpg

DSC00896.jpg

DSC00897.jpg

DSC00905.jpg

DSC00997.jpg

DSC01077.jpg

DSC01078.jpg

DSC01236.jpg

DSC01237.jpg

DSC01238.jpg

DSC01239.jpg

DSC01240.jpg

DSC01241.jpg

DSC01242.jpg

Thanks

Nester.........

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Teaser pics? Are you planning on making a novel? :D

Looks good... that's one clean truck...

By the way, any idea where that tonneau cover came from? Home-made or modified from another truck or is it a one-off? Any idea who made it?

Welcome to the forum... any more plans for it, or are you keeping the rest of it pretty stock?

Teaser pics? Are you planning on making a novel? :D

Looks good... that's one clean truck...

By the way, any idea where that tonneau cover came from? Home-made or modified from another truck or is it a one-off? Any idea who made it?

Welcome to the forum... any more plans for it, or are you keeping the rest of it pretty stock?

Not a novel, but I want to take good pix so you cats see what needs to be done. You see the tranny had to be put on a diet? LOL!

DSC01447.jpg

As for the tonneau cover I have no idea, but I'll check and see if there's any marking's on it for you.

That's a damn clean truck. I like the beer tap handle shifter mabob (I think that's what it is).

Guilty as charged. LOL!

Really clean truck, not to fond of the rear tires sticking out that far. but with a beast of a motor you need some wide meats to get traction. You using the stock drums for stopping?

Were working on another set of wheels, cause of that. But I think he'll blow that rear apart before they go on. No worries though, I have a danna 60 that'll take it. The drum's, only in the rear. That's how I got here. We bought the disc brake's off Jason for the front.

Glad to see you made it man, truck looks good!

Thanks Homie. BTW, you should get all the parts for that disc brake set up and offer it as a kit. I'm sure you'll make a few extra $$$ Save people a trip to the junk yard. I know I would of paid 450-600 for it. Just an idea for ya.

Who took out the datsun rear end? That would handle more power than that ford 8" anyday!! Was it swapped for better gear ratios? peace.

Not us, but I bet it would of. I think it's a 355 back there. We need to get in there and add the spool, we can see it then. I'll let you guy's know.

i saw this truck up forsale on racing junk not to long ago. very nice

That's funny. He was going to trade for that truck too. But it was a full out trailer queen. That truck isn't worth 50 cents right now. He's here in Florida too, but 4500 for that hell no. That guys on crack. This truck came from Ohio. I didn't go, but buddy was on a hell of a road trip for it, 17 hours straight to Georgia and 17 hours back with out sleep. That's were they met up.

Here's the link to that truck.

http://spacecoast.craigslist.org/car/535700704.html

I almost forgot. I seen a few extended cab's here. Were did those come from? I've never seen them before. See I'm a big guy. 6'2 300 pounds. I can't drive this little truck. But I bet I'll be able to drive that other one. I wanna see if maybe, just maybe in the future I run into one. But I need to know what to look for.

DSC00996.jpg

See that's me. Don't the truck look like a go cart next to me? LOL!

2eDeYe;41614']Nice score. Welcome to the board.

Kingcabs' date=' they started in late 76 I believe. The 620 model, lot's of legroom :D[/quote']

Thanks for the info, I found a few on Epay. LOL! Will see, I don't think it's leg room I need. More like belly room.

never apologize for a "cut up" truck... how does it go?....

"anyone can restore a truck, it takes a real man to cut into one"

that thing is bad!...

I say tub it with some 20x12's in the back.:D

Well, I started like that cause a few people on other boards got offended by it. But I guess they didn't have the sense that some us do. We didn't cut it up, might as well run with it.

BTW, guy's I'm so PI$$&D off. You believe after all that dam work that intake was to tall and didn't clear?thbanghead.gif I'll take pix tomorrow for ya.

2eDeYe;42037'']Where's the pic's of the shoehorn? lol
th24.gif
Man that thing is frickin fierce! A total beauty though. Hell it is beauty and the beast all in one.

Those video's are of the truck running open header. The exhaust didn't make much of a difference. Sleeper? Sure maybe some other time.

Dam that thing sounds like a beast is that a triumph next to it under the tarp/cover?

Are you talking about this? A 73 Jensen Healy SBC 327. drool.gif

DSC01079.jpg

DSC01080.jpg

DSC01089.jpg

DSC01090.jpg

DSC01093.jpg

DSC01095.jpg

DSC01108.jpg

DSC01109.jpg