521 Sleeper

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya he doesn't want to cut down the rear yet. He does have a 10 bolt off an Impala in the backyard, or I even have a extra 12 bolt he can have. He wants to see what happens first and see if it'll hold the power the rear that is. Glad you guys liked it. It was overheating, I had got a video from inside the truck but we had to turn back around and take her home. I promise I'll get you cats that video soon.

this thing is badass man... bet the neighbors loved that burn out. haha

so are you plannin on getting a narrower rear end or wheels with a different offset or what?

My neighbors are crazyier than we are. LOL They were asking us to burn the tire's off.

2eDeYe;42805'']Is that an 8.8" axle? What's it out of? The Exploder ones are pretty stout (probably equal to the 12 bolt) and easy to add disc brakes to. Probably fairly cheap to get shortened as well

Nope it's a old school 8'' rear. That's why were not even worried about it. I belive that rear won't hold up to "The Foot" :lol:

2eDeYe;42805'']Is that an 8.8" axle? What's it out of? The Exploder ones are pretty stout (probably equal to the 12 bolt) and easy to add disc brakes to. Probably fairly cheap to get shortened as well

87 5.0 rangers have the 8.8 with disks i looked into for my 383 s10 they bolt right up to the s10 leafes ther just a inch and a half londer on eachside and diff bolt pattern not sher on the wheel base for datsuns tho

87 5.0 rangers have the 8.8 with disks i looked into for my 383 s10 they bolt right up to the s10 leafes ther just a inch and a half londer on eachside and diff bolt pattern not sher on the wheel base for datsuns tho

The rear in the truck now is about 50'' I think we would need a 47'' rear, I can't remember the numbers right now. What was the size on the rear in the Ranger?

I tell you guys I just found the perfect rear for this truck today. But Charlie the owner of the Datsun doesn't want to go through the trouble of putting it in there. Well, it's a Dana 70 out of a F250, it get's here tomorrow only 150 bucks and that already include's disc brake's. For that kind of cash he could have it cut down, order axle's, new gears, and new unit and still be under the price it'll cost to buy it straight from the junk yard. He don't want it what can I say, I offered. I'll just use it on my Chevelle.

Ford 8.8 rearends that came in the Exploders from '95 up are all disc brake with a drum inside the rear rotors for the Ebrake. 1994 and prior all had drums. FYI Ford never produced a Ranger with a 5.0

Jester

sorry i ment explorer

The other cool thing about the 8.8 is that MOST came stock with a LSD. Gear choices are usually 373's or 411's. The bolt pattern can be changed for a tad over $100 at Dutchman tool in Portland. I don't recall widths right now but I'll look.

Jester

Nope it's a old school 8'' rear. That's why were not even worried about it. I belive that rear won't hold up to "The Foot" :lol:

Weird, I've only heard of the 8.8" and the 9" it must be really old school :P

If it is a 9" I wouldn't worry about it at all. Racers have been using them for years. Aftermarket parts availability is second to none. Getting it shortened is fairly inexpensive as well. You can also get hi strength shafts in any length from all kinds of manufacture's such as moser & strange engineering all day long.

• 2 months later...