Steroid

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Allright wow ! Yes Tony still owns & has been wotking on.his 620. Last weekend we went through a multi step process & filled in all 3 windows on the shell. Still have more fiberglassing to do but the hard part is done. Ill post pix soon of the progress...SWDP !!

• Like 3

Ok onto the pics of the filling of the windows process. We used old shower tub pieces as the fillers & they are 2 inches wider than the openings. We used fiberglass body filler or "marglass" on the outside edges & adhered them to the shell on the inside using pegboard & braces to hold them in place until the filler dried. The excess filler on the outside was putty knifed outwards to fill any gaps then sanded down once dry. On the inside we used 4 inch strips of fiberglass cloth & resin on the outside edges of the fillers to make sure they stay put. The next few steps will be to use thick fiberglass matt on the outside to fill in the gap & bring it flush with the shell followed by a few skim coats of filler then primer.

107te2w.jpg

n49v7m.jpg

21j8x2v.jpg

21np5jc.jpg

314rt34.jpg

33vkcic.jpg

2iu6ljb.jpg

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...

And not only that........................................................

A NEW ERA OF OLDNESS ! ! ! ! !

• Like 2

Yestetday Tony & I got the first of two layers of fiberglass matte resin'd in place. The resin gets brushed on then a metal roller saturates the matte & eliminates any bubbles. The matte is thick & will build up the outside surface. Pix were taken & will be posted soon.

• Like 1

Yo steroid! I've recently came across your post about the "Fontana Flare Kit". How can I get my hands on one of those rad kits? Please email me at krownkustoms@yahoo.com. Thanx! Hope to talk soon!

Ben..Tony (the owner of the truck in this thread) now sells all of the fiberglass body parts. Private message him & he'll get back to you thanks.

• Like 2

Remember back in the days when those GT Spoiler shells were the shits!!! Well, still good lookin after all this time.  Its lookin good there Tony. You and Steroid are doing some good workmanship. Can't wait to see it all touched up and primered. Your truck is really coming along. After going back a few post kudos to you Mark also.

• Like 1

Ok onto the pics...

First we cut the matte & spray glued it  in place..as I brushed the resin on Tony used the metal roller to smooth out the hair & eliminate air bubbles...

11t8vvd.jpg

same thing on the top window...

20gjrx2.jpg

& how it looks with the resin applied. The matte shrinks a bit so we'll add a 2nd piece to build up the surface..

r2j5w4.jpg

DS window...

b3shzs.jpg

& what were working with / using...

8w9lbm.jpg

Should be working on this again over the weekend & shortly after that Tonys truck will be at my house to resume the bodywork.

• Like 3

Looks great guys!!!  Pleas wear at least particle mask when working with fiber glass.  We want to see both of you at the 2016 barbecue!

I will for sure when i start sanding on it...it's not bad when it's being applied but it can cause excessive itching LoL

• Like 1

Ok Tony's 620 is now at my place AKA "bodywork" "fabb" "paint / weld shop" central ! The shell windows will be tackled 1st followed by touching up the flares & there may be a few surprises in the coming weeks. Gonna attack this job SWDP style :thumbup:

• Like 1