FS: 1968 Datsun 510 Wagon $1600

ITEM/CONDITION:

Well it’s sad but the day has come that I need to further thin out my fleet of cars so reluctantly I’m selling my 1968 Datsun 510 Wagon. It’s been a great ride since the day I got it, always turning heads and getting compliments. This thing is all stock and all original (except for grills/wheels) and has all the charm a 43 year old car comes with. It starts up each and every time, idles smoothly, and shifts fine. About the only think I know it needs is to have the part of the transmission tunnel we had to cut to get the new 5 speed shifter in place welded back up. I think I have the piece we cut out to use as the template or just weld that part up. Oh and the headliner has began splitting just above the drivers side. Besides that it has the typical dings, chips, etc you’re bound to find on any car this age!

Paint color is original but not the original paint. Not too bad, it does clean up and shines easy enough as shown in the pictures below.

It is lowered on shortened struts with lowering springs and 2" lowering blocks on the rear.

I’m sure you can see all my ‘build up’ pics on my thread but really what it boils down to is what it looks like now. Here’s a list of what it has and some pictures to show you what it looks like.

CAR BASICS:

- L16 (swapped in late last year) with stock dual SU carbs and air filter housing

- 5 speed transmission (no grinds, and low RPM’s on the highway)

- All turquoise interior was replaced to all black (seats and door panels)

- Carpet kit in seat area and cargo area

- Roof rack that runs nearly the full length of the roof

- Misc. emblems I’ve purchased for it but haven’t put on it (like fender emblem).

- Will come with stock 1968 Grille (If you want the Bluebird grille it'll be an extra $100)

- It will come with stock steel wheels (If you want the Watanabe wheels pictures it'll be an extra $200)

Some of the things that make the 1968 model rare:

-Flat speedometer

-Suicide wiper motion

-CB style Antenna on drivers side

-Rear cargo hatch free of license plate lights

-License plate light on rear bumper

-Original dealer license plate frame

-Original California black plates

-Rare dealership option locking gas cap with 2 keys

-Unique 1 year only grille design

-Arrowhead front fender marker lights

PRICE:

Well I tossed the idea around and figuring I just want to reduce the number of cars I’m paying registration/insurance that I don’t really use anymore, I’m going to ask what I think is a fair price.

Hopefully you guys agree and are interested or know someone interested.

$1600 obo

Nor Cal Southbay

Most recent pictures:

f0a5b8fb.jpg

2f70b44f.jpg

IMG_8281.jpg

Older pics:

IMG_7554.jpg

IMG_7556.jpg

IMG_7557.jpg

IMG_7558.jpg

IMG_7565.jpg

DSCN5375.jpg

DSCN4322.jpg

DSCN4323.jpg

DSCN4172.jpg

DSCN4129.jpg

DSCN4111.jpg

• Like 2
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If it is not an april fools joke, consider it sold. Where can I send the cash today?

The wheels and the grill are worth the asking price so Happy April fools Day!

The fact that you waited to post until exactly midnight makes me think this is a planned April fools joke too.

It sure does seem like 71 dimer had alot of time on his hands to attempt to fool everyone...but then again, who knows? I'm with zhiguli510, but alls i have is those damn mattel cars, hot wheels are too rich for my blood!!!

I need to get the two door back on the road which is why I'm selling my other cars, including the wagon. The two door runs just not too well.

what the fuck!!!!!!!!

get 2300 for that sucker minimum 2500$ for everything.

thats a nice one ,I hate to see a low life broke guy get this and be in the back yard in a year cause he dont know how to adjust SUs

Maybe FJwagon can get this.

as everything it looks better in the photos but I see what some guys want for rusty junk up here. if rust free 2K would be better. Just o keep a higher class of person buying it

U see what some guys want for rusted wagon up here in washington?

If you lived close I would buy it!right now. sell my yellow convert(not driven,not practicle) and use this as another daily driver.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.