maxima wagon

a while ago i picked up 84 maxima wagon. 84 was the last year they were actually badged and titled as a datsun but it also has a nissan badge. The drivvetrain consists of l24e, 4 speed auto and h190 rear diff. First thing after i got it was to take it couple of times to auto-x.

IMG_06391024x768.jpg

with race tires and all

Image160.jpg

then i replaced the wheels and put new shocks and springs in the back. For the springs i ordered springs from a dirt track race supplier

Image084.jpg

IMG_06901024x768.jpg

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i originally started the front bumper delete with fiberglass but then decided that making metal panels would be much better.

1050.jpg

IMG_0927.jpg

the motor and transmission are being pulled soon, unfortunately it will stay as automatic mostly due to the budget constrains.

Power steering liquit was leaking for a while creating a lot of mess on passenger side of the engine bay. The front end will probably drop a little bit after the engine swap, not sure how much l24e weights.

IMG_0970.jpg

maybe some day i will be able to run these tires on it after a diff swap and a minitub

Image154.jpg

This thing is the business!

Can't wait to see more! Loving it!

Didn't these come IRS in the back? Or was that just the sedans?

THey came with a live axle like the 620.Before a L-28 swap is started,make sure the L-28 block will accept the oilpan/pick-up from the L-24E as the sumps are reversed.

picked up motor and transmission yesterday. I will pull the heads off, clean everything up and put them back on with new gaskets. Already took apart the top end, it looks ok. The reason for taking everything apart is that intake was taken off before i got the motor and some trash fell in to the intake ports.

IMG-20110403-00061.jpg

i know probably a lot of people will hate this but it is a 5.3 from 2001 silverado. I paid more for it than it's worth because i was in a bind and needed to pick one up yesterday. I was going to pick up a motor and trans from somebody but at the last moment he never answered the phone and did not show up at the meeting spot. I did not want to drive back 200 miles without motor and trans. Still way cheaper than anything i could find locally and complete.

the engine and transmission is out, both are for sale too. I am cleaning the engine bay and will be sanding down the rust to paint with POR15.

IMG-20110416-00089.jpg

I am using ls1 block for mockup

IMG-20110416-00090.jpg

This is almost set, will need to check few more things for clearance but will not move much more from this position. 4l60e bellhousing is bolted to the back of the block to check the transmission tunnel for clearence.

IMG-20110416-00091.jpg

plenty of room in front for big radiator

IMG-20110416-00092.jpg