Someone trashed my 240

hitch

I've got this perfect 73 240 stashed at a friends auto repair lot. It is way in the back in with a bunch of part cars and a few customer cars. The 240 is like new except when I bought it at an estate sale it had front end damage. Needing a hood and everything between the headlights up front. I'm not kidding about the condition, perfect interior and not a bit of rust, in storage for over 30 years and under 60k miles. I've been picking up parts and getting ready for the day I could finally put radiator, hood, bumper grill etc. and drive the thing. My friend calls me today, someone trashed most of the cars in his back lot while he closed for vacation this week. Smashed all of the glass and lights out of my car, and beat some of the body panels. I'm distraught, and will probably part it out now since I've found it difficult to find good clean parts to finish it. Just does not seem right some how, this was one of the rare cream puff, back of the garage finds and now it is a POS!!!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably, but I was storing it there for free and he has a bunch of customer cars damaged the same way so he's into some deep financial crap, I'm not going to add to it. I agreed when I put it there that he would not be responsible for anything that could happen to it.

There were four wheeler tracks out back and a section of the fence was knocked down so they could get in the lot. Probably kids with shit parents.

Seriously? How many Datsun's do you have dana? blink.gif You're holding out on me!

If you find out who the fucks are that did it or get a lead, make sure to let me know. I'll round up a crew. angry.gif

God I hate Georgia. Sucks that it was probably some low life kids (my age) with nothing better to do and no regard for others property. Hearing that this happened locally makes me wanna put lexan windows in my car and a camera security system in it. Hearing about shit like this LOCALLY really pisses me off. Makes me wanna roundhouse kick the little shits. I was NOT raised like this. Makes me wonder how they were raised. dry.gif Sorry to hear about it man.

If he's got lot insurance, it shouldn't cost him anything to get it taken car of for you. Not 100% sure how it works though.

You should post pics.

Edited by metalmonkey47

That sucks. Once he pays his insurance deductible he's probably good to claim into the 10's of thousands. I know this would piss me off though and I'm sure your friend feels like crap that it happened to your car. Hope it works out in the end.

Hell offer to help pay a part of his end on the insurance, and get your ride fixed. that way your not living with "I screwed a buddy" feeling plus if he was any kind of Buddy he would help you.

Sorry about your ride I would kill anyone who fucked up my Datsun's.

What wrong with kids today........... oh yea we cant beat their little asse's anymore!!! Then we are bad parents and have to goto jail for spanking the little shit ass's. As for me if my kids pulled a stunt like this in any way. My ass will be locked up and when i get out, I will whoop that ass again.

when i was a kid and got in trouble, god help me when Dad got home my ass was whoop good!! I still can remember the metal triple row belt loops and that was 30 years ago

if its still proper mint inside and running gear wise, could still rock it as is?

sucks that its smashed up but im sure its fixable over time if you cant get insurance for it. seems a shame to let a car die cos of a bit of smashed glass and some creased panels. i know not everyone has the cash lying around to fix these things instantly, but short of the smashed glass im sure the car is still good to roll. no use giving up on it!

That's the saddest datsun story ever. :( I hope you don't part it out.

That really sucks that someone would even think of doing something like that. I just don't get people today. It's a fucked up world we live in. :(

That sucks man. Hope its not the wrong time, but if you do part out I need some interior and exterior parts...

Dumb Ass, the correct response is, "I have some extra parts, let me know what you need." Put together a list and I am sure that the Ratsun boys can help you out, Hitch. Still lots of z parts floating around here on the left coast.

Dumb Ass, the correct response is, "I have some extra parts, let me know what you need." Put together a list and I am sure that the Ratsun boys can help you out, Hitch. Still lots of z parts floating around here on the left coast.

Actually, I dont have extra parts. I am lacking parts. That is why I said I need some. I know z parts can be found, but not mint interior parts like he says he has.

• Like 1

How much do you think an insurance company will pay to fix it? In their eyes it has prior front end damage and has sat for 30 years... not a classic to them... its junk... dealing with getting compensated by the insurance company would be alot of headaches for a very very tiny return... $500 or less i would bet

that sucks so much man. Hope you keep the car. LIke the people above said. Its only a few creased panels and some glass. If it had little to no rust like your saying its still very worth keeping around and holding on too. KEEP IT MAN!!!! Were all rooting(sp?) for you!!!!

That sucks man. Hope its not the wrong time, but if you do part out I need some interior and exterior parts...

I know this is a touchy subject but all parts are precious and should never be wasted. An accident is unfortunate but if deemed a total loss then salvaged parts will keep another Datto on the road. There are precious few Datsuns out there without some salvage part(s) on it is my guess.

Try not to think of it as a scavenger circling a warm corpse. The need is real and so is the opportunity. (maybe) It will depend on the owner and how much he want's to invest in fixing this in time, parts availability, money. If the worst happens he may be comforted that another Datsun is helped with an organ transplant.

• Like 1

I really have no interest in doing anything with this car any longer. If you would like to buy a rust free car let me know. I'll take offers. I would love to sell it as is, so no part requests for now. Keep in mind, nothing between the headlight buckets. there is a new crease on the drivers door and only the lf fender is usable. Both headlight buckets are in a box, in the car. The dash is crack free and a new tear in the drivers seat. The balance of the interior is good. No rust in floors or fenders. What looks like cracks in the dash, are only shadows from the busted windshield.

imag0244z.jpg

imag0243q.jpg

imag0242y.jpg

imag0241v.jpg

imag0240c.jpg

imag0239c.jpg

imag0238.jpg

imag0237h.jpg

imag0245.jpg

As my son an I were driving home to get a new tarp, I said "feels like I just left a funeral" he says, "sure does"