Someone trashed my 240

hitch

Similar thing happened to me on valentines day. Only one window but I can relate at least. I know how violated you feel.

100_1845.jpg?t=1297704570

100_1848.jpg?t=1297704570

Mine was the only car in the whole lot that got messed with. They didn't steal anything, just threw a bottle at my car for no reason. I really wish that kids didn't think this sort of thing is fun. If you want to fuck up cars and smash windows at least go to the junkyard or something.

I'm really sorry this happened, this shit sucks. :(

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is stopping you to keep at it? Oh god.... I see it as nothing more than a minor set back. If I were closer I would fix it, polish the paint and show it off. Nothing that a little elbow grease and time wont fix.

If I were given a car like that. I would so make it bad ass...

I've kept the Z kind of a secret, did not want to show it off until it was drivable. Now I'm just pissed, been collecting parts and likely will part it out, so I don't mind showing the front end. Here you go.

imag0246l.jpg

imag0248g.jpg

Since the shop I had it at, has a salvage license, the insurance will not pay for any car that was not there as a customer vehicle for repair. Mine was in the back with the other wrecks. He had about 20 cars and trucks get fully trashed, mine was the oldest and most difficult to find parts for. Very sad.

Honestly man, it looks like only 3 windows really took any damage. Windows are replaceable, I think Skib even has some rear hatch glass for sale still. You cant let 3 pieces of glass stop you from completing the car. You already have some parts, just add those windows to your list and keep on collecting. You will be pleased in the end :cool:

Honestly man, it looks like only 3 windows really took any damage. Windows are replaceable, I think Skib even has some rear hatch glass for sale still. You cant let 3 pieces of glass stop you from completing the car. You already have some parts, just add those windows to your list and keep on collecting. You will be pleased in the end :cool:

ya i got some glass stashed away.

Drivers door glass is the only thing not busted out, even the rear view mirror was smashed.

Guys, I appreciate offers for parts, but at this point, unless I find an intact donor car, this quest is a no go. I've been searching for a low rust donor in about 7 states near here. Every time I think I've found something in a price range I can accept, it turns out to be total rust. I'll keep looking, or possibly go west for a road trip and bring something back.

Several months ago there was a Kit car in southern IN for sale, anyone know what happened to it?

Hey man, first let me say I know how ya feel. It always sucks when someone messes with my cars and trucks. It really does suck but like the other guys are saying, Keep it! I may be able to help. I saw a pair of 240's (71 and 72) that were whole rolling shells on the CL here in Tx. Both had no motors or trans. One was running 800, the other a grand. The one for a 800 looked a better than the grand car. I'll do some digging if you like cus these cars are real close to where I live. Here's the ads.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/cto/2228747465.html

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/cto/2228741120.html

Same guy is selling both, hope this helps.

Sorry to see this hitch. Do you have all the parts for the front end? I could help find the glass for sure. I have been wanting a 240z lately, but i can't take one on right now, too much other stuff going on lately, otherwise i'd be saying how much!

You know you want it ph34r.gif

• 4 weeks later...

PLEASE keep it and fix it! I will help you as much as I can being on the other side of the country, but I was at a junkyard just yesterday for some Z parts and there are 3 or 4 cars with perfectly good glass all the way around, and the mirror too... the west coast has a lot of useable parts if you are willing...