Topher's 72 SR 510

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

things are starting to come together.

IMG_8893.jpg

i have a few questions. since this is my first time messing with this stuff where to the next following things connect to

I know there is one 3/4 elbow that hooks up to the intercooler piping but where dose the brass 90 in the back go along with the 2 other nipples

IMG_8897.jpg

then on my freddy intake manifold there are three threaded holes at the bottom of the mani that im not to sure what goes in there

IMG_8898.jpg

I purchased my motor with parts in boxes and i am assuming that the top hole is part of the emissions? or am i way off and they are part of the cooling

IMG_8900.jpg

lastly all you SR guys how did you run your lines off the PCV and the other T in the valve cover

IMG_8902.jpg

IMG_8901.jpg

cool pic's i thought

IMG_8905.jpg

IMG_8894.jpg

TO do list

Polishing - IC, pipe, rad

Oil lines

Injectors

Plugs

Get a bunch of bolts

Wiring

Gas pedal

Run new clutch and brake lines

Run fuel line

Mount fuel pump

seat brackets

Wide band gauge

Air filter of some sort

Sway bar

BMW head lights

Hood pins

Mount tac

and I'm sure a lot more...... FML

What kind of ideas you got going for fuel (tank, pump, lines, etc).

I'm planning to revamp my setup. Currently I use the stock rail and injectors. Modified the existing 510 gas tank and welded in a Z31 intank fuel pump assembly. Ran new hardlines.

My idea is to run Earls stainless flex lines and utilize AN fittings to minimize areas of potential leaks and get a better seal than clamps.

I have a fuel cell with a sending unit and foam blocks inside. The fiel tank is already set up with AN fittings so im running 6 an stainles to the walbro 255 then hard lines to the fpr and from there 6 an stainless to the rail and for the return 6 an stainless to hard lines all the way back and finally back to 6 an stainless to the cell

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Circuit-Sports-Side-Feed-Fuel-Rail-Kit-S13-S14-S15-Silvia-180SX-SR20-SR20DET-/360439782511?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item53ebe29c6f&vxp=mtr#ht_500wt_1180

just a thought check out the link above and it uses side feed injectors as well. or you can tap a pipe threaded 6an adaptor at the end of the stock rail for your return line.

Topher, I dont think you will have to run a surge tank since you have anti sloshing bricks in the tank. Does your tank have a small sump where the an pick up fittings are?

Ya there is a little sump at the back where the an fittings are. And I graded the tank a little so the fuel always go to the fittings

Ya there is a little sump at the back where the an fittings are. And I graded the tank a little so the fuel always go to the fittings

I wouldnt worry about it then. you should see the cup for a 240sx tank that the fuel pump pickup strainer sits in. Kind of scary, it only has one 3/8 hole in it. I know I am going to have to modify that since my fuel demands are going to be greater than a KA24DE.

I wouldnt worry about it then. you should see the cup for a 240sx tank that the fuel pump pickup strainer sits in. Kind of scary, it only has one 3/8 hole in it. I know I am going to have to modify that since my fuel demands are going to be greater than a KA24DE.

Good to know. I'm going to be running 810 injectors so I need to be able to empty my cell within a few minutes lol

• Like 1

Threaded holes in the bottom of the intake should be for vacuum lines. The T breather line on your valve cover usually gets converted to a single and than runs to a catch can the breather from your block also goes to the same catch can. You may be able to see what I mean in these photos

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2389121/1973-datsun-510

I used a pipe thread fitting to 3an push on fitting for my lines then silicon lines to the FPR, WG and BOV. and a 6an to the PVC valve.

My Boost controller and Waist Gate came with 4an sized lines and I need to up the size when the parts show up.

AN fittings are the point of no return I like XRP and have a local supplier that has helped me out a ton with what should go were. Id say find a local shop and use them you will get your moneys worth just in information.