Best ECU mounting location

I've got a dime with a fat Vag, I'm in the process now of refreshing the engine and cleaning up the wiring. My first issue I want to tackle is, where should I mount or relocate my ECU to??? I'm thinking of making some kind of mount under the glovebox compartment. I'm also contemplating locating it into the glovebox but I love my box (no homo). What do you guys think and what have ya'll done yourselves???

• Like 1
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love my box (no homo). What do you guys think and what have ya'll done yourselves???

under the glovebox on a tray.

and dont say "no homo." we aren't retarded 5th graders who think that saying "love" means you have to marry it. Also why cant the glovebox be a girl? And finally it just looks and sounds stupid.

under the glovebox on a tray.

and dont say "no homo." we aren't retarded 5th graders who think that saying "love" means you have to marry it. Also why cant the glovebox be a girl? And finally it just looks and sounds stupid.

Nohomo

Kick panel next to the driver's foot. Relocate hood latch farther up. You will have to pop the hood to unhook the connector. That's where is it in 200sx' but they have lots more room. Either way, I'm fine with where mine is, and it didn't require modification of any wires length.

I've got a dime with a fat Vag, ........... I love my box (no homo)

1299324234717.png

youve got the same hat as this bloke dont you...........

IMG_5613.jpg

ijust dont get the rainbow and the puke? maybe I'm just getting old :unsure:

standards and practices my friend :lol:

If you want to shorten it, just say "VG" like everyone else. VAG Sounds retarded. I've had my VG30 for around 8 years, and never heard this term. But then again, I never heard "goon" till I joined on here either, and that sounds retarded too.

As for the mounting location, mine is below the glove box on the passengers side kick panel. I know a bunch of VG guys who run this way.I may move mine in the near future so it's bolted flat underneath the glovebox.

Kick panel next to the driver's foot. Relocate hood latch farther up. You will have to pop the hood to unhook the connector. That's where is it in 200sx' but they have lots more room. Either way, I'm fine with where mine is, and it didn't require modification of any wires length.

Mine is on kick panel,but passenger side.Everyone is scared to ride with me anyway,and over there its not in my way. :w00t: