Getting a new dog

Well after the rather devastating loss of Konan. I was surfing CL and found another White german shep. He is 15 months old and a long hair, and the picture I seen just screamed that the little guy is ready to cause chaos. I guess in a sense this could be a rebuild thread for my heart. :console: I miss my great white hotdog vacuum :crying: , but I must move on and give another dog a good life. One of my coworkers asked me why I am getting another when there is so much pain in losing them, that their life is so short. I told him, it isnt how many years in their lives that counts, it is the memories of those years that you get to keep. :angel: I am going to Roy on Sunday to look at him to see how Emma takes to him and possibly pick him up. Wish me luck gang, there is a part of me that really hopes this works out. It is not just a hole in my life I am tring to fill but I hope I can make his and Emma's life worth while as well. She needs a buddy too, I dont think the cats can take much more attention! :lol:

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kamakazi620

Well after the rather devastating loss of Konan. I was surfing CL and found another White german shep. He is 15 months old and a long hair, and the picture I seen just screamed that the little guy is ready to cause chaos. I guess in a sense this could be a rebuild thread for my heart. :console: I miss my great white hotdog vacuum :crying: , but I must move on and give another dog a good life. One of my coworkers asked me why I am getting another when there is so much pain in losing them, that their life is so short. I told him, it isnt how many years in their lives that counts, it is the memories of those years that you get to keep. :angel: I am going to Roy on Sunday to look at him to see how Emma takes to him and possibly pick him up. Wish me luck gang, there is a part of me that really hopes this works out. It is not just a hole in my life I am tring to fill but I hope I can make his and Emma's life worth while as well. She needs a buddy too, I dont think the cats can take much more attention! :lol:

Cool man!!!! G/L!! this is just wrong tho " I miss my great white hotdog vacuum"

Guest kamakazi620

Dont make me throw a rock at you Kami... ;) Skib gave him that title. I told you at Canby last year, It is ok to love you pet, not to LOOOVVEEE your pet you CF you! :o

Just playin' YO!!!!!!! you knows me!!!!!!! i didn't know Skibbert gave him dat title,More respect to ya YO!!!!

• Like 1

Well just got tht call and we will meet at a friends house about 6 min away. Both need to be on neutral ground for the first meeting. Oics will be up shortly! I really hope this works out.

the kennel's website http://www.surefireshepherds.com/ Val's parents have damn good pedigree's and all are free from defects!! And his dad is a champion!! The oic of Val earlier is from Oct/Nov. Well gota go get some of his dog food to get him converted over. :D

Its hard to move on, specially after a animal has a sad passing on. But usually you will form a even stronger bond with the next animal. Me and my wifes dog are really close as well. Still miss the yorkiee i grew up with. Grew up with that dog, never really a small dog person, but that dog was freakign awsome. Chick magnent. Good luck man :)

first oics home! And DAMN look at those FEET!!

IMG_0754.jpg

IMG_0755.jpg

Well the training begins, he likes the yard and he is a wuss when it comes to food, I mean his food agression is in the negatives. But he does have a bed agression towards Emma, he bares teeth at her, I will correct that, I figure it is just a time to settle thing. Doesnt know any commands and soon if all goes well, I will test him with the cats.

I surprised Rhonda (breeder) when he took right to me, hehehe, he jumped right into the truck when I opened it up! I got all of his papers so the way I see it I got a $800+ papered White GSD for $150 delivered. I am looking foward to the next issue, BATHTIME! :o

He has an eating issue tho, he bolts all his food down way too fast.

Sampson used to do that. He lived with other dogs for a while and got real protective about his food. Me and Kelly would just put like a bite at a time in his bowl for every meal until he learned how to chew again. It took a while but it was pretty easy.