Cmac's 510

Cmac

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what I have in my parts list. both will need to be cut down to fit the way you want it to look.

Gates rad hose 21347 sque # 7205305715 Top

Goodyear 62274 bottom

or 240 sx hoses if i remember right the longer of the two hoses can be used for both top and bottom.

Thanks, you saved me a bunch of time digging through hoses.

Your welcome! i think the paper towel tube and tape mock up saved me some time but it was still a pain. Not to mention trying to find an auto store that will allow you to go into the back of the store is becoming harder and harder these days.

Unfortunately I will be unable to go to JCCS this year due to Family commitments.

Your welcome! i think the paper towel tube and tape mock up saved me some time but it was still a pain. Not to mention trying to find an auto store that will allow you to go into the back of the store is becoming harder and harder these days.

Tell me about it. I have around 20 of those paper towel tubes in my garage. I am getting ready to mount my radiator (maybe this weekend) and the guys at oreilleys said I dig through their crap. that is a lot of hoses though. Our setups are very similar since it looks like you are running the datsport upper water inlet unless Mario makes something like that too.

http://www.datsport.com/cooling-sr-outlet.html

That is a nice looking part. Mine is a modified factory one that Mario did. It puts my hose about 2 inches closer to the front of the car. You should be able to still use the hose's that i gave you parts # for just cut them in a different spot.

I also like this one from Mazworx's

http://www.mazworx.com/product/cooling/billet-water-neck/billet-water-neck-sr20

• 4 months later...

Now I am just waiting on the tuner to free up his shop long enough to program the ECU the Apexi dejetro is interesting to see how the hand held display reacts to changes in RPM and boost but I am unwilling at this time to try to tune it myself. Even at low boost and no tune it is fun to drive but I cant wait till I can turn it up and play. I ran Evans coolant when I first put the car back together only to find out that the car would not run colder that 106c and smelled really bad all the time. After talking to their tech I opted to dump it out and run water weter in it now the temp is at 94c and the ecu is not going into protection mode anymore. 

• 4 weeks later...

It is a tight fit for sure a camera does not do it justice. Maybe if I had Indy or Tristen take a photo of it they could make some sense of what is going on in there. 

Slight update on the car. I was able to pull the valve cover off the other night and found that i had broken a rocker arm into 3 pieces. Come to find out that this is a common problem if you miss shift / over rev I am not admitting to either of the two. Solution is to run solid lifters  130lb springs etc.   The other option that people are talking about is using the VVL roller rockers on the standard head. Issues are the rocker is 3mm larger so the spring and valves need to be shorter I hope someone figures this one out. Mazworks you listening. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well on friday the new rocker arms were supposed to show up but they Nissan sent the Roller rockers instead of the Std ones. There just happened to be a new kill at the Pick and pull a 1999 G20. I was able to pull all of the rockers, lifters and shims for $30. Given I was not sure if there was any other damage to the valve train I said WTF. Installed the parts and it ticked for about 5 min and then became quiet. Such a relief because it was a long 5min let me tell you. I need to re time it and all should be good for now right. 

While digging around on the net I found a Dual Guide modification for the rockers that is supposed to help retain the rockers. Mazworks performs the rocker modification. That is going to be plan B along with some solid lifters if this happens again.

• 7 months later...

Well after that last post I drove the car again and it all happened again. I have pulled the motor and trans out of the car and dissembled the motor to find 2 shims in the oil pan and a broken piston skirt on #4 piston. On the head 2 valves need to be changed were the rockers ? mushroomed the tops a bit. 

As of now I am collecting parts. The oil pump was backordered for a couple months now that that is in the pile of parts I need to decide on the pistons. They are going to be CP's but I am on the fence on wether to use VE or DET . 

On the plus side if you're throwing new pistons in (especially CP) you're set. Those pistons are amazing. Since you're pulling the motor apart, might as well bore it out! It's cheap if you take it apart yourself. Also, the rocker arm stoppers are supposed to work really well, and a lot of my SR friends run them. Several see 8k rpm and are still alive. Stay up man, sometimes stuff like this happens but in the end all it's really doing is forcing you to upgrade sooner than you anticipated.