Chet's 620 project Cuz Turbo

chester

So an update. I got the blue kc goitiing swapped my motor, seats, the rearend with leafs and some other little things. As of now I been driving it. I'm trying to get the funds together to do the disc brake swap but when I do that I have to get tires for the titans. Here is how is sits now. 032612144748.jpg032612144737.jpg will add more info when I get home.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, a little more in depth of what I have done in the last week. So I wrecked my last 77 king cab and the next day I sold it and bought the blue one. I had 2 days to get myself a dd since the pathfinder is broke down, needing a new crank. I sold the white one to 76buillt. When he came to pick it up I went with him so we can strip everything off of the truck that I was keeping. We ended up swapping motors and complete rearends in the 2 day I had off. Since the white kc was a cali truck it had elec. ign., so instead of swapping the ign mod. we wired in a hei unit. After we got the rearends swapped We loaded it back up on the trailer and brought me and the truck home. When I got off of work I finshed up the loose ends like bleeding the brakes and just making sure it was road worthy. I also cleaned out the inside of it and swapped the seats. When I pulled the passenger seat, there was so much dirt under the carpet. While I was getting the dirt out there was a few spots that the dirt was moist and when the dirt came up some up the paint did to. Good thing I caught this early enough. The worse thing about this truck is that there is cancer on both body mounts up front and there is a spot just behind the passenger seat. The back body mounts don't seem to bad for now but I might have to redo them also. I will get pics in the morning to show everything. If anyone has advice to fix the cab mounts that would be great not sure what the best way to fix it is.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been busting my ass to get this thing ready for CaNdy. I have done the upper control arm bushings, washed it for the first time, rear brake, and got some tires. I also getting the parts to do discs up front, still waiting on the brackets. Then the other week Wide14u and I waxed the front half and damn it made a big difference. Now on to the oics 041212154629.jpg041212154324.jpg041212153330.jpg041212153345.jpg041512192905.jpg041512192851.jpg041812165458.jpg041812230138.jpg041812230145.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Alright how things have been going I am not sure if I will be taking m truck to Canby. The reason why is I need to do rings and do a case swap on a tranny. I am hoping that I can do that next week, but we'll see. Now on the the good news. I just picked up the last part for my disc brake swap and already have one side tore apart and about ready to put back together. I will be getting into detail and have oics tomorrow. I am going to fully explain how I did it.

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Alright how things have been going I am not sure if I will be taking m truck to Canby. The reason why is I need to do rings and do a case swap on a tranny. I am hoping that I can do that next week, but we'll see. Now on the the good news. I just picked up the last part for my disc brake swap and already have one side tore apart and about ready to put back together. I will be getting into detail and have oics tomorrow. I am going to fully explain how I did it.

Sounds like a half day task while in Canby :sneaky:

Ok so last night I took apart the driver side, then this morning I finished it up. I was surprised on how easy it was. The hardest part was getting all the air out. here i got the drum off, these were the easiest that I have done. 051112113345.jpg Now with the drum off I went after the hub. I will say it is easier to pull the hub then pull the shoes with the backing plate. 051112114142.jpg This is after I got the bracket on and the hub, then I slide on the rotor. ( I forgot to take a pic of just the bracket) 051112122347.jpg And now for the caliper. 051112111408.jpg The master I went with was a 79 620 one cause it is set up for discs up front and drums in back. 051112133214.jpg Here is the finished product. 051112204347.jpg

I can say this has been one of the best upgrades I have done. Now coming to a stop only half pedal movement and nice and smooth. The pedal feels is great. I was thinking of doing the back to discs also but now I think I will be fine. One day I might just for the fact of having four wheels discs and I hate messing with drums.