-BODY DROPPED 72' 521-

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a treat to have my brains melted out of my head by this build. You make me want to give up my art career and start banging and welding metal! And I love my job. This rig is basted in awesomesauce.

well here are some pics and youll see how my interest was focused in a different direction for a little while, im getting my datsun bug back slowly, i wanna drive it to shows this spring so im sure ill be working on it again here shortly!

frontend.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

cu4y.jpg

cu11t.jpg

Also looks like kind-of funky geometry on that upper arm (spindle pivot is way rear of the frame-side mounts ... I'm personally not a huge fan of this, but if it works then rock it). Plus the truck only looks to be capable of 2wd, 'course I may be biased being as I'm from Colorado and not the Dezert. ;)

Can't wait to see more progress on the 521, followed the first part of the build with great interest and I'm now looking forward to watching the rest!

Ya that titan has an upper j arm set up, popular for desert trucks in so cal, it works fine

And the 521! Ya I would sell it for 7k not a penny less and if I did I would have went out and picked uo another stock one to build since I have it down now

And post up pics rhapakatui I didn't see them yet

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

not even sure if its going to get a port, truck is so light and small its gonna move even if its a bone stock motor, im looking into having a motor gut freshen it up then ill see if its worth tearing it apart or just running it like it is, and i dont have the bags on front yet, but its not going to any more shows till it does or maybe even drives on its own