adapter for a wagon!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Datsuns probably do, I haven't seen one that won't. But if you add in Nissan then there is a problem. I got this sick soft grip Nissan wheel from a later '80s 200sx (something, I forget) got it home and it was a smaller spline than the 620/720 steering column. :poop:

Yes, there are two different adapters for the trucks/cars of 70's vintage. If you go to NAPA and get the Grant kit, use the one for the 240z if I remember right. It won't list 510, but the Z car should be the same shaft. There's some post on ratsun where I put up the part number but I'm too lazy to search for it. It was a while back.

Hey, how about I do you one better and give you the part number since I'm working today and just looked it up! :D

Line code for the installation kit is BK, part number 335-1221 Looks like they're in Salt Lake City and Indianapolis. Doesn't show any in the DCs.

why is this a question? when i got my wheel the part number was listed on the back of the box and it covered every datto i could imagine maybe it was an old box idk but i just order the adapter it listed and was fine

no im saying that the back of the box listed the correct part number for the adapter needed i just looked at the box im wondering why there was a thread about it when all i did to find this info was look on the back of a grant steering wheel box

I never actually looked on the box. I would say normally in smaller areas you have to order the steering wheel and the adapter kit at the same time, and they're usually not in stock. So of course you couldn't look at the back of the box then. And there used to be a couple kits listed for Datsun. They might have made an all inclusive kit now though. I haven't ordered one since a few years back, but either way, if you go to NAPA and get that part number, it should be the right one for a 510.

no im saying that the back of the box listed the correct part number for the adapter needed i just looked at the box im wondering why there was a thread about it when all i did to find this info was look on the back of a grant steering wheel box

theres a thread cause i didnt buy mine new it came out of a hond and i was trying to put it in my wagon.

You may want to get the Grant 3592 around 20 bux and will fit the following:

Grant 3592 - Grant Steering Wheel Installation Kits Details

Grant Standard Style Installation Kit for Classic, Clhallenger, and Signature Series Steering Wheels

Nissan

SX200 1982-83

210 1979-83

810, 510, Stanza 1978-84

610 1973-75

610/710 1974-75

240Z/260Z/280Z/280ZX

Pick-up 1978-85.5