Low Mileage "Lite Cactus Green" Project

DatDoug

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking good Ken. As Ken is doing the bodywork I am gathering ideas & parts for this project. Got me some 15x8 deep dish Chevy Ralleys & some 205/55 tires. Pumpkin sandblasted the rims & I primered them. I painted one charcoal & Im waiting to get the truck back to see if I like the color combo. Got me a crack-free dash & some mazda truck buckets. I need/want some nissan 720 chrome mirrors. If anyone has some let me know.

• 1 month later...

Bumpity BUMP! How's the truck coming along? You fitted it with those fat tires yet? When are you going to post some pics with the new stance?

Its still under the knife. Fellow Ratsuner Kenny B is doing the bodywork on it. He works full time so its been a slow process. Which is fine with me cuz if its 1 thing ive learned over time is "dont rush the body man" ;) Plus I have many other projects going on.

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

Cab, doors, and front clip are ready for primer. Just gotta sort out the bed and re seal the seams and I'll be priming the whole truck.

Way to go Kenny B :cool: Cant wait to get my hands on this one :hyper: Ive already went thru 4 different sets of rims in my mind :fu:

stock rims and caps with wide whites and a mild drop?

The stockers are def. 1 of the options. But if I roll with them, no white walls & turfed :cool:

Another option is the fat-ass deep dish chevy ralleys with low-pro tires. :cool:

• 2 months later...

Went up to Discovery Bay to check out the progress on my 620. Looking good :cool: Still a lot of work to go but KennyB is doing a fine job on the bodywork. Too some photos of the truck for your viewing pleasure :fu: & of course we had to stop in @ Fat Smitty's & grub down a Smitty burger :sweat: They are so huge & delicous!

CIMG0446.jpg

CIMG0445.jpg

CIMG0444.jpg

CIMG0443.jpg

CIMG0442.jpg

Awesome, can't wait to see a driving 620 in your driveway again.

ken looks a little lost :blink:

Hellz Yah! :cool: I miss not having a Datsun truck.

Yah this was taken b4 we had Fat Smitty burgers :P

Cab, doors, and front clip are ready for primer. Just gotta sort out the bed and re seal the seams and I'll be priming the whole truck.

Hope you use flexable epoxy seamsealer and I really hope you sanded all of the crappy laquer primer off and use a good etching primer and then a good flexable high build eurathane primer.

Hope you use flexable epoxy seamsealer and I really hope you sanded all of the crappy laquer primer off and use a good etching primer and then a good flexable high build eurathane primer.

Thanks for the professional input :cool: We are actually undoing the P.O.'s completely fucked up attempt @ filling the bed seams. I like the seams & natural body lines of the 620 truck. Kinda pissed that the bed hooks are gone as well :angry:

Thanks for the professional input :cool: We are actually undoing the P.O.'s completely fucked up attempt @ filling the bed seams. I like the seams & natural body lines of the 620 truck. Kinda pissed that the bed hooks are gone as well :angry:

You can have the hooks from many of my different beds, I have four to choose from

• 2 months later...

Got my truck back from Kenny B tonite. He did the bodywork on it & got it prepped for paint. I am very very very pleased with the results :thumbup: Taking it in on Monday for paint. Going with the original Lite Green/Gray color. I am so fuckin stoked! :hyper:

001.jpg002.jpg003.jpg004.jpg005.jpg