i really dont belong here

Hi there:)

Im that guy that randomly shows up to your meets with a toyota:fu: im also good friends with a member here, you may know him goes by ]2eDeYe. i really think of datsuns as toyotas ally as both owners hate hondas, its not like you see old honda's driving around now do you. @ the moment im down to 5 "keepers" but I try to buy and sell one every few months to fund my builds.

Lil about me:

Got 2 toyota style tats, a celica dragon and a "ten/tec" stamp. been a loyal toyota owner ever since i bought one in 1999 a 85 celica. I've prolly owned just about every car make available in the states except a few exotics, my last count was somewhere near 40 and im only 28. i did own a 79ish 510 for about a weekend then the wheel fell off so i returned it, but that was about 1996 i think.

A lil about my cars:

100307_1719a.jpg

1979 celica ST coupe

Stock 20r

Weber DCOE 45 sidedraft and headman header

MK1 supra front clip and suspension, transmission

In the future i will be upgrading to a 2RZ or 3RZ depending on which i find first. This car is being purpose built for auto-x. Body is still real rough as i am making a custom aero kit for it and i dont see the point of painting till its done.

100407_1848a.jpg

1978 Celica GT hatch

bone stock eng with a Weber 32/36

LIFTED 4IN:D

stripped interior.

This car is pretty much done its good for logging roads and the occasional rally course, I do plan on moving to a new chassis as I've bent most of it off of jumps.

P8180012.jpg

1980 4x4 long bed

fresh rebuilt 22r

Weber 32/36

Offenhouser dual plane intake

Doug Thorley tri-y header

Saturn 140amp alt

Big Bald Tires

This truck is my wheeler in case you couldnt tell, its been rolled twice and is now on its third body. Thats why the bed doesnt fit right, short bed on a long bed chassis. Really all i plan to do is a lil bit of suspension upgrades and some on board stuff like: welder,compressed air, winch, ect. these trucks come mostly perfect stock.

092307_1736c.jpg

1974 corona wagon

stock 18rc

lowered 2in blocks and heat.

This is my winter project car, funding permiting ill bag it by jan but im not too sure about it. For the mean time I've got a fresh rebuilt 8-1 comp 22r hybrid and a stage 2 camden supercharger with a 5-speed tranny to throw in. eventually it will lay pinch welds with a stock floor, plan to run 15in wires.

101907_1430a.jpg

1975 HILUX

every thing is stock cept for electronic ignition out of a celica so it looks stock:p

20r

146k mi

Just plan on killing the rust and respraying it, paid $150 couple days ago for it. its my new daily and parts hauler/tow rig. If down the road i finish all my other cars maybe i will slam the crap out of it but i think its fine the way it is.

man that sounds like famous last words:cool:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

its the rc...

the rc is for all intents and purposes a L series motor, both the intake/exhaust on the drivers side and bolt together to seal up.

it does share the same block as the RG but is no where near as powerful.

i think i was doing about 30mph when the downforce got too much for the wing and ripped it clean off:eek:

last year I was heading south on I 5 ans there was a carovan of old school toyotas.

I got behind some short of wagon that had the Jap mirrows on the fenders and it has a IRS type diff like a R180 or cressida in back. I believe it had a old style 3 pc mesh type wheel. was kinda cool to see. it had the surface rust on there but it needed shocks as it was bouncy.

Maybe you know this rig.?

yes i do know that rig.

lemme see if i can find a pic, unfortunatly http://www.classic-celica.com is down for the count so let me hunt a sec...

is this the wagon you spoke of?

engineshot_eddie.jpg

1jz twin turbo FULL supra conversion including SRA to IRS swap with air bags:D

he's the leader of our wagon gang "battle wagons" the shocks were just some tacked on spares lying around. geometry needed to be thought about a bit and some new ones put it

and really unfortunatly a tree fell on this car about 2 weeks ago:(

i dont know im kinda busy with my own wagon so i havent had time to meet up with him and our board is dead:mad: the only pics i saw still had the tree on it but it looked like the stout parked next to it took most of the tree.

• 2 weeks later...

nice rides bro, i like celicas. my uncle had a late 80's supra that was cool. my dad and him rolled it with the sun roof open. almost lost their heads.:eek::eek: a friend's dad had a 80's corona and it had some get up and go.

cool to meet you at the yard today. curious to see how that 521 bumper works out. :cool:

yes i do know that rig.

lemme see if i can find a pic, unfortunatly http://www.classic-celica.com is down for the count so let me hunt a sec...

is this the wagon you spoke of?

engineshot_eddie.jpg

1jz twin turbo FULL supra conversion including SRA to IRS swap with air bags:D

he's the leader of our wagon gang "battle wagons" the shocks were just some tacked on spares lying around. geometry needed to be thought about a bit and some new ones put it

and really unfortunatly a tree fell on this car about 2 weeks ago:(

This is one of the baddest things I've ever seen. Right up my alley.

• 1 month later...

that would be a corona i think. nice collection of yotas. i had a few myself. i've had a 75 SR5 corrola, a 78 corrola wagon, a 78 celica st, adn a 79 34 ton long bed hilux. i REALLy like the 2TC and the 20R motors. to abd i only ahve a pic of my truck. never should ahve sold it......:(