My FJ20et woes to GOES!!!

So after blowing 'er up my 2 door has been sitting down at Troy Ermishs' shop for the last 2 years and after finding out the hard way that the car wasnt everything it was said to be we replaced everything that we found to be wrong. The injectors were WAY to small to run the boost that was said to run the car at. 750cc injectors and a custom fuel rail were added along with a bigger mass air sensor and a new ECU. It got a tune from Jim Wolf technologys and they also had to mod the distributor($$$), all the turbo piping needed to be replaced (so more $$$) That stuff is expensive by the way... Troy and I get all the above parts on the car and... it didnt start :(:mad: Come to find out we put the dist. in 180 out and we were not getting a signal to the injectors so we fixed that tonight and she RUNS!!! Set the timing and let her run for about 10 minutes and shut her off. I am going back down after work tomorrow and get my new seats installed and DRIVE the LIVING SHIT out her...if the rain says away! just needed to vent my happiness to people who may actually care, THANKS

Clayton

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude that is one bad ass dime. I was talking to bre510 he said he was going to pay you a visit soon. Did he make it up there yet?

He was here last week and I was sick all week and wasnt able to get together when he was here, hopefully he will be up here again seems like a super good guy

He was here last week and I was sick all week and wasnt able to get together when he was here, hopefully he will be up here again seems like a super good guy

69FJ - Thanks for the nice comments. The next time I get up to NUMMI, I'll let you know. In the meantime, light those tires up. I saw your car at Troy's just before Christmas and what a beast it is...:thumbsup: Have fun!!!

Not really he's kind of a dick. JK:lol:

Thats great to hear! I love the FJ and hope to someday own another one :D I want to see an under hood shot. What ECU are you using? it seems like a KA one would be much better than the factory one since the original one is like 4 bit. A burnout vid would be awesome! Or a vid of it on the dyno would be cool to :D I like the dash, please tell me your driving it to Canby?

I hate the rain.... at least got some pictures today but no video :mad: maybe later in the week and I plan on putting it on the dyno late next week so video of that for sure. I did get to drive it up and down the street a few times yesterday when it was dry...:eek::D HOLY SHIT it feels so much faster than before we (Troy and I) were able to carry a slide for about 50-60 feet in second gear coming out of a corner and that was at around 12-14 psi of boost

hopefully able to run it at 15-18 psi. here are a few pictures. and YES I will be bring it to canby :D

IMGP0653.jpg

IMGP0652.jpg

IMGP0650.jpg

IMGP0649.jpg

IMGP0648.jpg

IMGP0647.jpg

IMGP0646.jpg

IMGP0645.jpg

IMGP0644.jpg

IMGP0643.jpg

IMGP0642.jpg

Hmmmmm......are there any pics of that hydraulic sys you got plumbed under the dash? Details? By the sound of it, Canby is going to be bad ass. Can't wait to see the dime.

-Brian

Thats great to hear! I love the FJ and hope to someday own another one :D I want to see an under hood shot. What ECU are you using? it seems like a KA one would be much better than the factory one since the original one is like 4 bit. A burnout vid would be awesome! Or a vid of it on the dyno would be cool to :D I like the dash, please tell me your driving it to Canby?

Hey Ice you are correct sir I am using a Jim wolf programmed KAde ECU they also flow tested my injectors and re-phased the disributor to work with the later model ECU. gunna try to get some video this weekend if it stays dry. cant wait to meet you and all the rest of the guys on here that will be attending Canby

Got to dyno today... kinda disappointed :( the car even after all the $$$ I have spent trying to get it running good and safe and it is still running too lean to make the power we were expecting. We did the first pull and that when we found it was too lean so we up'd the fuel pressure from 45 psi to 50 psi and it helped but not enough still lean. Both pulls were made at 15 pounds of boost, the first pull made 270whp and like I said we up'd the fuel pressure by 5 psi and it picked up another 14.8 whp for a total of 284.86 whp and 283 torque, not bad numbers but should be making another 20 or so if we can get the AFR worked out and then we can up the boost to 18 psi and see what kind of numbers she can put down. Its just time and money...right??? :blink: Just hope I can get it fixed before Canby! video to follow as soon as I find the download cable for the video camera

Hey clayton I'll be happy to help with the filming:D

I have the camera if you can help do the editing... Hope I can get the car fixed before the end of the month the first Amercan auto-x event is the 23rd and 24th you should come play :D

Clayton

http://www.americanauto-x.com

• 3 weeks later...