I know this ain't Craigslist

I know ratsun isn't craigslist, but cant established members get a little bit of a break on selling stuff? I know its mostly to keep people with 1-2 post from trying to sell crap on here that isn't related and help with organization but I'd figure someone with well over 50 post or even 100 has been around enough selling one or two non datto related things wouldnt hurt any.

Maybe we could get a random fs section added on and you need so many post to sell there? Personally I don't like selling to everyone on like CL and would rather deal with people here on ratsun or the various forums I browse that have a little better sense of community.

• Like 3
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

datsun parts for sale is for, well, datsun parts for sale. why is that a problem?

That doesnt appear to be the problem....the problem is there is nowhere to post non datsun related stuff for sale. I dont see why making a Random for sale section would be a issue. Almost every forum im a member on (8) have random for sale sections.

• Like 2

Dudes, why all the -rep points for Foxy? 8 freakin negs??? Seriously? Dude had a legit question, posted it politely, and is a fine member of the community and you are going to do him like that for posing a simple question?

No I don't agree with him on making a misc FS section, but I am not going to throw neg at him for it! Just seems lately folks have been trigger happy with the -rep. Save it for the real ass-hat posts.

• Like 3

Dudes, why all the -rep points for Foxy? 8 freakin negs??? Seriously? Dude had a legit question, posted it politely, and is a fine member of the community and you are going to do him like that for posing a simple question?

No I don't agree with him on making a misc FS section, but I am not going to throw neg at him for it! Just seems lately folks have been trigger happy with the -rep. Save it for the real ass-hat posts.

Dont worry about it, people abuse the system anyways so its pointless to even go by rep

• Like 9

Dont worry about it, people abuse the system anyways so its pointless to even go by rep

I have wondered why we even have it just for that reason, personaly I would get rid of the whole rep BS and save on bandwidth and headache. And as far as the 1st post sellers, there are other forums that make you have at least 50 posts before you can access it, but that would only lead to more spam posts. Heres an idea! how about making a $5 donation to the forum before you can post in the For sale section? :D

I have wondered why we even have it just for that reason, personaly I would get rid of the whole rep BS and save on bandwidth and headache. And as far as the 1st post sellers, there are other forums that make you have at least 50 posts before you can access it, but that would only lead to more spam posts. Heres an idea! how about making a $5 donation to the forum before you can post in the For sale section? :D

thats how it is on hybridz, you cant post in the FS unless your a donating member

FS section is fine how it is, ya wanna buy datto parts? ya come to a datto forum.

ya want bleaches couch? its on CL :D

Reluctantly, I agree. It should be for Datsun/Nissan parts like the title says. My concern is that if you let one thing in you have to let all in and then we have a rolling 24 hour yard sale. Where does it stop, other makes of cars, houses? or worse junk nobody wants?

I don't know.

Reluctantly, I agree. It should be for Datsun/Nissan parts like the title says. My concern is that if you let one thing in you have to let all in and then we have a rolling 24 hour yard sale. Where does it stop, other makes of cars, houses? or worse junk nobody wants?

I don't know.

That is why I was suggesting a locked down subforum with a posting requirement, lets say 50 post to even be able to post and you'd have to be member to even know it exist. I do like the fact there is only datsun/nissan parts for sell in the datto parts fs section but some of our members do have stuff that they think someone here might like and want that they want to sell. Yes, with stuff comes junk so putting it all in a subsection with high requirements would limit it quite a bit.